It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

dizzygal954 HB Userdizzygal954 HB User
can anxiety cause 24/7 lightheadedness?

kinda wondering if im alone with this. the therapist just said i am having anxiety problems and panic attacks, going to see a psychiratrist this week.and will probably be starting meds. along with therapy with CBT

does anyone else have a constant lightheaded feeling?just wanna know if anyone else goes through this, mine seems to be constant and been going on for months. the dr's did all the test and everything is fine health wise.

yes sometimes are worse then ever but it always seems to be there..... why does anxiety cause this?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
(female)

mebbuddy HB Usermebbuddy HB Usermebbuddy HB User
Re: can anxiety cause 24/7 lightheadedness?

I just mentioned this possibility to someone else. Are you sure you don't have rhinitis or allergies? I have them all year round and they cause me to be a bit lightheaded because its mostly in my ears and that unstable feeling causes my anxiety to flare up. Sometimes my sinuses dry out terrribly from the rhinitis. I don't really take any meds for it but I use a saline spray a lot during the day and an over the counter inhaler called Benzedrex when I feel really funny. My sister has the same problem and uses a Neti Pot to moisturize her sinuses which keeps the flare ups down. May be something worth trying?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
(female)

the ENT originally thought it was allergies, but i dont have a stuffy nose or anything just the dizziness. i been using the sinnus wash and nasal sprays, and also started allergy shots with no difference in the dizziness

Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
(male)

awlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB Userawlright HB User
Smile Re: can anxiety cause 24/7 lightheadedness?

Hi Dizzygal954, as an old sufferer of anxiety I can confirm that one of the vicious aspects of anxiety is that it can present in a hundred different ways. If as you say all medical problems have been ruled out, then your feeling of light headedness is likely anxiety. I know, I've been there and after many, many years of therapy, sometimes I still am. Yes, I too once felt light headed, to the point where I was sure I would pass out, but never did.

<edit>

Please think over some very practical advice I am going to provide. First, keep in mind that you bring on the anxiety with negative thinking that you may be unaware of. (It takes a little time to discover this.) Second, remember you are the anxiety and the anxiety is you, so you do have some control over it, believe it or not. That is, your anxiety is part of your life style; it's your way of being in the world. Third, and most important, when you feel anxious tell yourself "it's nothing more than anxiety." Repeat that everytime you feel anxious, for example light headed and focus on something other than yourself. Fourth, Don't feed the anxiety fuel, i.e., fear. Anxiety is like a fire. It will go out or burn very low if it has no fuel, but the moment you allow panic and fear in, it will blaze away non-stop. The major reason people go to the ER is due to palpitations, and fortunately they are, for the most part, 95% of the time brought on by anxiety. Fifth, work on knowing your anxiety triggers. What sets it off! Then let it wash over you without fear, repeating to yourself that it is only anxiety and will soon pass. In time that is exactly what will happen. The more indifference and contempt you show anxiety, the faster it's symptoms will disappear. Sixth, be very careful in using psychiatric meds. They can, very easily, become addictive. If you have to go on a benzodiazpines, tranquilizers, use them one day on and one day off. Finally this: be kind and compassionate to the world, it needs it, and you'll find that most people will be kind and compassionate to you. All the very best of luck, Awlright.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-12-2011 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Old 07-12-2011, 03:01 AM   #5
(female)

Luvmyhorse HB User

I had constant lightheadedness with my anxiety. Now that I'm on Lexapro, I don't have it anymore, so I know that it's because of my uncontrolled anxiety. It was very miserable....I suffered from it from the time I got up almost until I went to bed every night and sometimes it would be so bad that I thought I would pass out. (never did, thank God). I don't have it anymore on my meds.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:45 AM   #6
(female)

yea i been going for therapy and learning the CBT, going to see a psychiratrist on thursday to see what he says........

Closed Thread