It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
(female)

SCATTERED HB User
Who has used Zoloft for Anxiety?

I have issues with anxiety, OCD, and Depression, and was prescribed Zoloft. I'm NOT a big fan of drugs, but if this med could help me I'll take it. Although, I'm scared of the side effects that may occur.

Does anyone take this drug? If so, how does it effect you? Does it work for you? Any side effects? Thank you in advance.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
(female)

dizzygal954 HB Userdizzygal954 HB User
Re: Who has used Zoloft for Anxiety?

i just started zoloft today, at 25 mgs so im not much of a help sorry. im taking ot for anxiety /panic, and im sure some small depression cause of the anxiety and panic.

i was soooo worried about taking it too, it took me a week just to fill the prescription.

if you want to talk please feel free to post. im kinda new to this whole anxiety thing but i have been doing ALOT of research and have seen MANY dr's in the past few months trying to figure it out.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-20-2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
(male)

rodriguezm284 HB User

I've taken Zoloft for my anxiety, personally I myself am NOT afraid of drugs. Which is a good and a bad thing, if it has the prospect of working, why fight it? Anyway, I personally started off with 50mg then I believe at one point I was up to 200mg of Zoloft (yes I know, quite the amount) Personally for me, Zoloft didn't change my mood, or had a significant psychological effect on me, the side effects I experienced were loss of appetite and libido. I also took xanax in combination with the Zoloft, xanax worked better, since its effects were noticable quickly. Just take the Zoloft as directed wait a few months and see if its for you, its not going to kill you, it may work for you better than it did for me, all in all I'd take it.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
(female)

PAUSA HB User

I had no bad side effects from Zoloft at all except for about 10 pounds of weight gain so that's why I stopped taking it. I was only on 25 mgs though and after 9 months it quit working for my anxiety anyhow. In my experience if you anticipate side effects you will get them. Try to stay calm and give it a chance to work for you

Old 07-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
(female)

SCATTERED HB User

Thank you! I've decided I am NOT going to take Zoloft nor any other prescription drugs. I used anti-anxiety drugs in the past, and I had dangerous side effects. I know at least two people who have used this drug and they have gained some serious weight.

I'm very health conscious, and I know there are alternative options to take. I'm looking at meditation, accupuncture, essential oils and others. I'm very selective what I put in my body.

Thanks again for your imput.

Closed Thread