It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
(male)

drewdrew HB User
Strange Xanax reaction?

I have just started revisiting Xanax to help me through a rough patch of anxiety and panic attacks. A couple years ago, I also used it for a couple of months and thought it was a godsend. This time, however, I crashed ridiculously low. I had horrible, constantly-about-to-sob depression, and did not want to get out of bed for two days. I only took .5 mg for two days.

Since two years ago, I have quit smoking and have reduced drinking by 75%. I have maintained a strong exercise and yoga regiment and always have lots of energy. I have also recently started drinking green tea powder, drinking lemon juice every morning, and drinking a cayenne tincture most days. On top of that, I also take a a multi vitamin, extra C and B, fish oil, selenium, and coQ10. I never eat grapefruits.

Good lord, I just read what all I take and suddenly feel like a supplement freak.

But, if anyone has had a strange reaction from xanax and is also taking one of these supplements, please let me know! I never want to hit that low again. Usually, yoga and working out keeps my anxiety in check, but lately the panic attacks have been popping up day and night. I miss my old friend xanax!

Old 07-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
(female)

walkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB Userwalkingtall HB User
Re: Strange Xanax reaction?

I was on them for ten years and never had that happen. Its possible all the things you are mixing could have an effect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
(female)

mebbuddy HB Usermebbuddy HB Usermebbuddy HB User

I haven't had that happen to me but I have noticed a definite difference when I take a generic form of Xanax vs the real thing. Could it be something like that?

Old 07-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #4
(male)

drewdrew HB User

I took a generic form this time, so maybe that was it. I was worried the lemon juice I am drinking was acting like grapefruit juice, which I know can impact Xanax.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
(female)

PAUSA HB User

I've always had success with Xanax as well, but this time around with my anxiety it doesn't seem to be helping at all. Sometimes I think our bodies just don't react well with certain things even though they used to. I'm going to try Klonapin and see how I do with that. Maybe you should check with your doctor about giving that a shot? Good luck to you!

Closed Thread