It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
(male)

rodriguezm284 HB User
Unhappy HELP! Anxiety and Frequent Urination

Okay so I'm 20 years old and have been suffering from this disorder for about 4 years now. I believe this was all triggered from this one time I desperately needed to go to the bathroom and my assanine friend would not stop, after that I had sudden urges to go to the bathroom and I would get anxious. I went to my doctor because I didn't think this was anxiety, he did blood test, urine test, and an STD test, all came back negative. There really was no explination, so I decided it would just go away, then (16 at the time) was in high school I started to get some of the most severe panic attacks I've ever had, to this day I have no had panic attacks like those in high school but I still do. Doctor prescribed me xanax and zoloft. The zoloft didn't really change much, the xanax definitely helped BUT I don't exactly take it as directed. I take it basically when I'm going on long trips or things I know will make me anxious, and it stinks because I sometimes get so anxious I tend to go a little overboard on the xanax making me a drugged zombie, however better than sweating and running to the bathroom every 20 min. Its so hard to have a relationship also, I'm very social, frequently go out and have a large group of friends, I usually will talk to a girl then if it gets more serious I drop her because of my anxiety, if they want to go on a road trip or go somewhere far, I can't because what if I have to go to the bathroom? I'm not sure if its my bladder or my anxiety that controls me, I know I have a smaller bladder though, if i'm at my house drinking a 12-pack with a friend I will go on average about 4 more times than he would off 6 beers. I think its just a vicious cycle of anxiety and a small bladder and the anxiety just makes it 10 times worse. <edit> I've come up with ridiculous excuses to leave and go to the bathroom. I just NEED help, I'm going to college, and I'm growing up, I want to have a good career and a wife and family. Its so hard to be normal, however when everyone from the outside looks at me they see nothing wrong. This looms on me everyday this is 4 years now? I've been off the meds for about 2, I'm going to the doctors again, I think I'll take the xanax again, but I need something more! Has anyone been cured?

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-23-2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread