It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
(male)

RolandofTX HB User
Finally getting some sleep weaning off of ssris

I stopped Paxil pretty much cold turkey about a month ago. Bad idea. I'm finally starting to be able to sleep again. I have to take a couple of benadryls to help me sleep, but it's better than a few weeks ago, with horrible nightmares and the inablility to sleep for more than 3 hours at a time. Anybody on ssris, if you have to get off of the meds, and if at all possible, wean off of them slowly. I weaned off a few years ago and did it correctly, over a two month period, cutting a little of the medication at a time. This past month, however, has been horrible since I got off of the medication so quickly.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
(male)

RolandofTX HB User
Re: Finally getting some sleep weaning off of ssris

More good news, have found a supplement called 5 htp. It's supposed to increase seratonin production in brain. Well, it helps you sleep, some weird dreams, but nothing compared to the dreams when having paxil withdrawal, will keep taking and let everyone know how it's going.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
(male)

RolandofTX HB User

Also hershey's cocoa powder is a god sent. If you have sugar issues like me, you can use a natural sweetner like truvia, I would stay away from the pink and yellow packets, these can do numbers on people who suffer from anxiety and depression, something about a chemical called phenalyne? i think. So, I microwave a cup of water for 2:15, add heaping teaspoon of cocoa powder, coffee creamer, some cinammon, 3 packets of truvia, delicious. Cocoa also influences seratonin production, that's why I'm posting this.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
(male)

RolandofTX HB User

Rhodiola Rosea supplements are recommended for anyone trying to get off of ssris. I just tried one, it made me sleepy. That's a good sign I think. They increase amounts of seratonin also, in addition to 5 htp and cocoa powder, all natural ways of increasing seratonin, ohhh and exercise.

Closed Thread