It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
(female)

Jitterygal HB User
Weakness and Parathesia on left side of body

Hi all,

I have been a long time sufferer of anxiety, and I've been in "remission" for the past 2 years, but recently I started a new job and also had some back pain for which I am currently being treated. I have been a runner for 20 years (helps a lot with anxiety), but right now the dr says I can't run until my injuries get better, but I am also a fitness instructor. The last two weeks, I have noticed that when I get up in front of the class my left side goes weak and I almost can't perceive my left foot. It causes me to panic (of course), then I go in and out of anxiety until the class is over. I also notice tingling in the left foot at times.

I'm almost positive this is just anxiety only, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? I also started a highly stressful job 4 months ago, and I am wondering if it triggered it. I have had one full-blown panic attack since this all started...

Thanks for any input,

Jitterygal

Old 08-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
(female)

Jitterygal HB User
Re: Weakness and Parathesia on left side of body

Does anybody have any thoughts at all on this??? I surely would appreciate it!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
(female)

Intentus HB User

Hi there,

I am not very experienced in terms of anxiety although i've lived with it for years! - I've only very recently come to terms that I have this problem and sought out help and began on medication.

So from my inexperienced point of view I would say that it's quite possible and highly likely your job with it's high level of stress, is the catalyst for the return of your symptoms. If your not aware of any other medical issues you may have or you may need a once over with your Doc then it's your most common denominator for cause.

I wish you all the best with this. Do you think after a time of being in your new job you will get used to it and the anxiety will alleviate. For me I also suffer from being the newby syndrome and it brings my anxiety to the forefront. Will this get better for you with time or is it the stress of the job do you think which causes the symptoms??

I hope this helps a little bit anyway and good luck with it.

Intentus

The following user gives a hug of support to Intentus:
Jitterygal (08-07-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Intentus For This Useful Post:
Jitterygal (08-07-2011)
Old 08-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
(female)

Jitterygal HB User

Yes, the stress of the job has gotten better, but I think the damage has been done. I am trying to get my back problems treated as well, and that is putting another stress on me because I am used to having exercise as an outlet and right now I am not sure what the future holds on how much I can exercise...but that's another story, but I definitely think that is contributing to the problem...thank you so much for responding...and the best to you as well.

Closed Thread