It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
(female)

Munchkin07 HB User
Arrow I did it

After a month working at Burger King, I decided to put myself first and voluntarily quit.

I gave fast food a 3rd try, and being desperate for any job that would take me due to the financial situation that my family is in, along with many people in this country. I kept telling myself that I made a huge mistake by going back into the fast food industry. But every one kept telling me, "You tried, that's all it matters."

I arrived, and i asked my aunt to come in with me for some support. She said should would quit for me and get my check, but I told her I had to do it myself and it would make me look bad. She kept saying I was so strong for doing it but why can't "I" feel it? Why can't "I" see it in me?

I went there to discuss about quitting, and the manager wasn't pleased at all, saying I didn't give it enough time, or, I should have thought about this way before applying. She also said that she chooses to look out for the company over her employees. I told her that my stress and anxiety is so bad for me, it's not healthy for me and there shouldn't be a reason for me to feel like that every time I come into work. One of the managers screams at employees and screamed at me for not being fast enough. My aunt was there for support, and she heard everything out of that lady's mouth, ****** her off. Then the manager said come back next time for your check and bring your uniform. I told her I already have the uniform cleaned and want my check now since I didn't get it yesterday. She ignored me. I wanted my paycheck...

As useless and hopeless I feel now, I'm really glad I don't work there anymore. I applied at another store as a cashier and they need them, and since I have experience, I get to call them monday to see if I can land an interview.
I CANNOT AND WILL NOT be treated the way I was treated before, and feel the anxiety that pulverizes me that prevents me from doing my job. Then again, I feel like I let every one down and made everyone mad at me. And I did all of this without medication. Does that somehow make me feel strong?

The following user gives a hug of support to Munchkin07:
Anxious Ang (08-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User
Re: I did it

Munchkin07, I say great for you for standing up for yourself! It may take a few tries before you land a job that you are confident in and happy to work there. Having anxiety and being at a place of work where the other people act bad (yelling, belittleing, even starting rumors) is not healthy. Try not to feel as though you let anyone down. You just hit a snag in the road and you may have a new and better job soon. You are a very determined young lady because how you said you gave fast food a third try but its not for you. Good things will happen for you, some soon some later. Best word is ambition and only strong willed people have that trait. Your family is proud of you expecially your aunt who was with you and witnessed your strength. Good luck on your cashier job, I have a feeling you'll ace the interview. Keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to dee088 For This Useful Post:
Munchkin07 (08-06-2011)
Old 08-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
(female)

Munchkin07 HB User

Thanks

I feel so much better, like the weight has lifted off of my shoulders and it feels great. I don't think it'll be such a bad thing if I don't get a job anyways. If I do, great, if not, then it's okay too. I would like to focus on school more, especially now I'll be doing it online for the first time.

How can I see for myself that I'm a very strong person as every one describes me as? Is there any way you can tell me how? Or is it one of those "You have to do it yourself" type of thing? My family and my boyfriend really wishes that I have more confidence in myself along with self-doubt, and more with "I am She-woman, hear me roar?"

The thing that bothers me the most is I felt like I let down my boyfriend (been together for 3 1/2 years together, knows that I have social anxiety and all of that, and Endometriosis, he's my rock) I asked him how he felt about if I ever decided to leave that job. He said I should be looking for one while I have this job. If I don't then, ya know. I took that as that I'm a quitter. But deep down, he doesn't have anxiety issues and he probably would never understand, even though he does say he does. But if kept working there, I'd be off worse off than now. I just don't want him to think differently of me. I want to make him proud, and not make him think I can't handle a job. But he already has see what the manager has done to me and employee. All I can tell him, I have to find a job that I truly enjoy doing with a great mood and attitude, coming home smiling, not crying. That's all.
My family knows because half of them have anxiety issues as well. My grandma, who's only 58 years old, is in a deep depression and anxiety is consuming her as we speak. Everyone in my family truly understands where I'm coming from, and that's where I get most of the support from.
But thanks for being able to respond back. I've posted 1 or 2 here, and I haven't gotten any feedback thinking it's the wrong place for me to be at. I greatly appreciate it.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User
Wink Re: I did it

Hey, its me again. I guess what I want to say is concetrate on you. Make you feel proud let the others follow suit or not. You know your capibilities and your self cofidence will come. All in good time. The different experiences you have in life and how you handle them positive or negetive is you growing from the inside. Live life a little the rest will fall in place. How you wrote about going to quit? That took alot of courage. How did I quit my jobs usually? I just never went back and waited for them to mail my last check. I am the coward. Little self esteem. My one strenth is I will help anyone if able and a great mother. But from what you wrote and like I said great things will happen to you, some now, some later. Just give yourself to experience and grow. The board here has alot of great people. You'll wait for a reponse then next you know theres 20. Hang in there. Keep us posted.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User

HI there it's Tinkerbell45 i just read your post and i wanted tgo tell you that i am VERY proud of you. I am sorry i haven't read your post before but my laptop has been down but now it is working so i will be able to catch up with everybody!!! I know that ALOT of people work at fast food restaurants BUT i also know for a fact it's not for you(from your story) nor is it for me! I tried like 3 different times to work at Long John Silvers and i just COULD NOT do it!

I want to say just keep believing in yourself and with thr support from your family and friends and of course ALL of your HEALTH BOARD friends you will do well in this lifetime. PLEASE keep us posted on how everything is going because we ARE your FRIENDS and we DO care aout you. Hope to hear from you SOON. Until next time Take CARE!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbell45 For This Useful Post:
Munchkin07 (08-07-2011)
Old 08-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
(female)

Intentus HB User

Very good for you. You looked at your situation, realised that something need to be changed to help yourself and you DID it.

You should give yourself a big pat on the back and a huge hug as I'd give you one if I could so a virtual hug for you ((((( )))))

You have given people hope by posting this and others can maybe gain courage from your situation.

Hope you get that cashier job.

Well done

The Following User Says Thank You to Intentus For This Useful Post:
Munchkin07 (08-07-2011)
Old 08-11-2011, 02:23 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Hi Munchkin, Just wondering how you are doing?

Old 08-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
(female)

Munchkin07 HB User

hi! yes i'm doing fine. i'm just about to leave with my boyfriend to go on our vacation to Cedar Point. I'm gonna go on roller coasters and scream my worries and stress out, and i DEFINITELY need that haha. thanks for checkin up on me, i just had so much going on. but i will keep up after i get back. see ya!

Old 08-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Go and have a great time at cedar point! You both deserve it and NEED it. Go on the scariest roller coaster for me, PLEASE!!!!!

Old 08-14-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
(female)

Munchkin07 HB User

hey! i just got back from my vacation. i can't tell you how perfect it went. it was just me and him, and no one else. i felt so safe with him, and went on some roller coasters, and really screamed my head off but letting all of that pent up stress and and anxiety out my chest felt so much better haha. but the one roller coasters that's 420 ft tall and goes 120 mph, i was so nervous and kept avoiding it and it did give me a lot of anxiety. but i just told me boyfriend we should get in line and do it. he was surprised, i went on it, and my anxiety got worse, but then it was all over with and it wasn't that bad, and felt stupid for freaking out but i got over that obsessive worrying by just doing it. i felt so proud of myself, and my boyfriend was so proud of me and it made me happy. but i was really, REALLY sad today that we had to leave. i feel really lost and unhappy that i'm back home. i just wish the feeling went away. but i had an amazing time, one of the best times of my life. i hope you're doing okay!!

Old 08-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Dear Munchkin07. Glad you had a great time!!! So you did go on the scariest coaster!! I can see how it really can be a stress reliever, after the anxiety that is. I never been there. The only roller coaster I went on was from the local fair. No 420ft high coaster there! I hear you about being sad for coming home back to the daily grind after such a great time. Start planning now to go there next year, or somewhere else you'd like to visit, gives you something to look forward to. Are the line really a 1-2 hr wait. Do they have passes to buy to get in front of the line? (I heard that somewhere). I am so glad this was a wonderful adventure for you!

Old 08-15-2011, 07:53 AM   #12
(female)

Munchkin07 HB User

Yes ma'am. I would have never thought I would go on that bug thing, my family was even in shock that I did it haha, knowing who I am and how I'm capable of doing a ride like that. I guess we always surprise each other and how fear is so strong.

Sometimes it depends on the day or the time you go in to wait for the rides. If it's lunchtime or dinnertime, the lines are shorter. Like the one roller coaster that I've tried I had to wait for 3 1/2 hours because it kept breaking down. My boyfriend and I wanted to leave but we've gotten so close to the front of the line, we just couldn't leave. All that waiting would be for nothing. There is special passes that people can get. Like get to go to the front of the line, free parking, 50% off on everything, special tours and what not. but the downside is that it's around $180 per person.
But yes, my boyfriend and I are planning to do something again next year, maybe DC or Florida for more roller coasters. I wish it was next year already haha. Take care!!

Old 08-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

I am so happy you didn't let the fear get in the way of your fun! Get ideas ready for next year and invite me!!!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 AM   #14
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User

Hi, I remember when I was a young woman and very shy and scared of people and new things I had a job at a fast food restaurant. The manager started yelling at me and it made me so mad. I don't like anyone yelling at me which I felt was unnecessary. So I got up and I quit and when I was walking out the manager said you are fired and I said right back I quit. It made me feel good inside. I stood up to him. I'm glad you won't allow anyone to speak to you in disrespect. We all need to learn but yelling is not helpful especially if a person is fearful. I heard a saying that said do it afraid. I many times get nervous meeting new people but I do it even if I feel afraid because I've realized that the person is afraid too to meet me. We all have anxieties and fears and some more than others but as you get the inner strength inside to know you are just as important as anyone else is in this world and put your pants on the same way someone else does then you realize we are on this earth to encourage and to survive and help one another. Take care and keep doing what you can to stay strong.

The Following User Says Thank You to renko For This Useful Post:
Munchkin07 (08-16-2011)
Closed Thread