It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
(female)

sak9210 HB User
One week on Celexa

I just finished my first week on 10 mg Celexa. So far, I haven't noticed any changes. Still very anxious all the time. Can't sleep more than an hour without waking up. I've taken Xanax and Klonopin which helps me to sleep. I think Klonopin helps more with my anxiety. Xanax works faster, but wears off pretty fast. Hope to feel some positive results with the Celexa soon!

Old 08-28-2011, 07:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
Re: One week on Celexa

I did not find any relief in the first week on Lexapro, so just hang in there. In fact, I'm just only starting to see tiny bits here and there where it is like fighting my thoughts in my head. I can't describe it, but I'll be thinking a panic thought, then I will tell myself a rational thought. It isn't much, but it's a start. Mornings are my absolute worst, how about you? I wake up at 6am, every day, with legs twitching and needing to get up and escape my thoughts and anxiety is high. So I get up, take my propanolol and a half of a .25mg of Xanax and lay back down for an hour, even though I do not sleep anymore. I just lay there. I am waiting till tomorrow for my Dr. to call me with my echo results, so I have been just beside myself thinking of every single answer she's going to give me. It's stupid because I know all the worrying isn't going to change anything, but that's why it's anxiety. I want to be normal so bad. I'm so tired of being scared of everything in the world. Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
(female)

sak9210 HB User

I totally understand your anxiety. I'm having a hard time staying on this medicine because I keep worrying about the withdrawal effects, although I may not have to deal with that for a few years, but I'm so afraid of them. Oh, and I have a new side effect now...I horrible metallic taste in my mouth!

Last edited by moderator2; 08-28-2011 at 07:35 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Old 08-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User

I have heard that metallic taste comment before. I believe that will go away. Don't be afraid of the withdrawing. I did it before, it was not fun the first time, but when I came off this Spring it was a piece of cake, if you go really really slow. I plan to be on these forever. I don't know if Lexapro is the right one yet, because I always need xanax every now and then, but maybe there isn't an exact SSRI that will take my anxiety away like a benzo does. It would be nice if the Dr. just said to have them both. I wonder why an SSRI is ok to take when obviously it's hard to come off it, that's no different to a Xanax, but who knows.
I think we find side effects come and go for the first month. Envious of those who feel good right away, I'm definetely not one of them. I'll just start to feel good, then bam, can feel a panic attack trying to form. It's kept me from a full blown one in 2 days, but like I side, I'm taking tiny bits of Xanax during the day. At night I'm taking a full 1mg Xanax, even then, it doesn't last long and my thoughts and anxiety come right back to me.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #5
(male)

pg1181 HB User

Hi,

I've just gone through my first week of 10mg Celexa as well, so we're in the same boat. I haven't been too anxious all week because I also take about 1.5mg of Ativan per day (down from 2mg because I'm trying to taper off slowly and avoid withdrawal).

Today is day 8 where I started taking 20mg, as per the doc's request. I'm on 20mg for the next week then up to 30mg. This morning I felt nauseous, don't know if it was because of the Celexa, the change in Ativan dosage, the fact that I inhaled my breakfast in less than 2 minutes, or the fact that i didn't sleep well last night as my 16 month old son kept waking me up.

I took my first dose of 20mg Celexa about an hour ago. I don't think this drug is meant to show any effects until about week 4 (or so I'm told), yet some people report results immediately, strange huh. I'm also supposed to start CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) as soon as I can find a psychologist who's accepting patients.

I've been praying to God that I can someday get over this safely. I want to enjoy my life again, especially with my little guy. Good luck to all of us.

Closed Thread