It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
Day 12 of Lexapro :(

My Dr. never called today with my heart echo results, I went to the dentist for a checkup cause my top teeth have been hurting with my sinus and ear infections and found out my top wisdom tooth is dead, so I'm going to need to have it pulled, my anxiety is starting to WIN. I am on day 12 of Lexapro, 2 days ago I went from 5mg to 10mg, and tonight I started hyperventilating bad. My sinuses and ears are killing me, I don't know if that is what spread to my tooth, or vice versa, or just a weird coincidence. I just feel like I'm falling apart, and I don't know where to start with my health. I am already on antibiotics for a week now, Z-pak for the sinuses and ear, but I don't think it's working. She thought it was from allergies that got too bad, but I don't know what I'd be allergic to. I'm praying my Dr. will call tomorrow and give me some good news cause I don't think my mentality can take anymore bad. Boy it's hard waiting for the Lexapro to kick in. I could use support. Michelle

Old 08-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Re: Day 12 of Lexapro :(

Aaaaaannndd now insomnia has kicked in, even with 1mg of Xanax. I can tell that if I even tried to fall asleep I'll be having the noctural panic attacks. I just want to start feeling better

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
(male)

tygriff HB Usertygriff HB Usertygriff HB User

Get to the library and look at the book "Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" by Edward Bourne.
Just reading this and understanding that what you are feeling is a natural body defence will help tremendously. It even explains physiologically why you have these sensations.
Hold on, you will feel better.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Day 13 on Lexapro

Just a quick update, in case any of you are wondering how I'm doing on my Lexapro. Last night I took 10mg, and I had bad anxiety, hyperventilating and very dizzy. Finally got to sleep but was restless and up at 5am. I got up, took one child to school, other one was throwing up (sigh), fed my horses, then took a half of a .25mg Xanax and laid back down in my bed at 9:30. My sick child came and laid in with me and I proceeded to stay in bed attached to the internet reading every single anxiety message I could find for 3 more hours. My Dr.'s nurse calls today, which I already wrote earlier about. I finally at 3:30 can't stand my restlessness so I go to my MIL's and get some hay for my horses. Come home, and proceed to do what I need to do as good mom for the rest of the evening. I took a little less than 10mg tonight of Lexapro, not sure I can handle that anxiety again, plus I'm still restless right now at 9:45pm. I can't tell if it's kicking in, sometimes I feel like it's trying to, and then setbacks. But it's only been 13 days, so I have to be patient. I know being physically sick is also a setback for this. It's hard to feel good when there is an actual infection going on in your head... so I'd really like to get that cleared up. Unfortunately, figuring out how is seemingly frustrating. I'm still having hot flashes, and night sweats. Vivid dreams too, but not as bad. Dull headache, but not sure if that's part of my head pain or not. Oh, still no appetite and if/when I do make myself eat, I get nauseated. I"m overweight, so I'm guessing losing some weight can't be that bad. Tummys a mess at times, but getting better. But I haven't given up.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
(female)

lulu23 HB Userlulu23 HB User

Unfortunately, I can't do anything to make you feel better, but I wanted to at least let you know that I completely understand how you are feeling and I feel for you!! I actually tried Lexapro but am very sensitive to things and couldn't even handle 5 mg... I gave up after 2 weeks of not being able to sleep and being a constant panic attack... It was the worst 2 weeks of my life and I sincerely hope things start looking up for you. I wish I could give you a big hug!

I'm not sure if you are looking for advice, but here's my story if you are interested. The thing that has really turned my life around completely has been therapy. I was VERY hesitant to begin and was really terrified going into my first session. However, I found a wonderful therapist who I work very well with and she has helped me get from daily panic attacks and constant, debilitating anxiety to a constant feeling of calm with the occasional anxiety.. Believe me, I know that no one can "convince" you to go to therapy, you really have to feel okay with it yourself, but I encourage you to at least think about it. Meds are great, but they aren't REALLY getting to the core of the anxiety.

I know it may not seem like it now, but I promise, things can turn around and they will get better. Take care!

Old 08-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
(female)

Luvmyhorse HB User

I have been on Lexapro now for about 3 months. It took a good 6 weeks before it kicked in good and all my anxiety symptoms quieted down. I feel like my old self again and no longer have anxiety symptoms. I only take 5 mg and have never had to go up. Hang in there, it takes a while for it to work good but once it does, you should feel alot better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Luvmyhorse For This Useful Post:
miche31 (08-31-2011)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

DAY 14.............. This morning woke up at 5am, stayed in bed til 6:45 and could not take the restlessness and anxiety. I wake up with it just coming out of me, I hate it. But if I take the Lexapro during the day I have dizziness and anxiety then. This is hard to stick with. Its 10pm now and I have waited to take it in another hour, I;ve been taking it around 8pm, so we'll see if this helps to keep me in bed another hour. Anyways, I woke up anxious and felt horrible. Heart was pounding, nauseated, tummy upset. It feels like 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps back. I took boys to school and fed my horses, then went back to bed, after taking a xanax and an extra propanolol pill of course. Then I lounged in bed until noon. Around 3 I made myself leave the house to go to my MIL's house. It was so hard, but I'm glad I did. Then picked up my boys after sports practice and took them to a friends house, and now waiting to go get them here in an hour. (no school tomorrow) I came back home from dropping them off and did the dishes, laundry and shampooed the carpet. I felt pretty darn good for about 2 hours. And now, I'm having bad anxiety. But I'm trying to stay positive. I still have painful sinus and head pressure going on, so that does not help, and being dizzy too. I was able to eat a bowl of oatmeal this morning, and a bowl of cereal this evening. That is also improvement from no appetite. I'm trying hard to keep the faith. I don't want to go to sleep. I wouldn't wish this anxiety on my worst enemy.

Closed Thread