It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
(male)

Murphyk HB User
Question Wonders About Social Anxiety

Hey guys/girls, my name is Scott and I have been dealing with frequent anxiety attacks. I have just signed up onto this site to learn more about these anxiety attacks and to gain tips on how to deal with them as well. I am currently entering grade 12 at my high-school. This may seem weird but recently for the past year, i have developed this fear of being different in a social gathering. For some reason I have developed this feeling that everyone is starring at me and judging me at the same time. I also believe at certain times that everyone that I socialize with may not be real and may be a fragment of my imagination. It sounds weird even to me as well but it always happens. Like somedays i think this idea may be crazy but some days i totally believe it. When i sit down for lunch at school i notice that one or two people may of glanced at me. I take those glances the wrong way and i believe that everyone is judging me.

So my question is, has anyone experienced these sort of ideas or feelings? I would love to know how you deal with anxiety problems. Thanks for reading this post

Old 09-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
(male)

kervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB Userkervan HB User
Re: Wonders About Social Anxiety

Hey there! I can totally relate to your experiences back in my high school days, and somewhat in my initial college years. Here's a fact: peoples' eyes are everywhere, so there's a good chance if you look, you'll meet their gaze. Then you Might think: true, but they're also with a smurk or something. That may not be the reality, or may be, but not may be related to you. That is, pardon the expression, the purest form of unwanted egoccentric behaviour. We feel all eyes on us, even if not or if they are, by coincidence, we feel judged, diminished or inferior. We need to break this behaviour because its not good for our inner self. There will be a point where it can turn into anxiety prone behaviour, if we insist on it. You may tend to isolate, seek distance, avoid people, which is not good, my challenge for you is: pretend to be cool, even if you're not. Play along. They look, look aswell! Anything bad will happen (besides you blushing or sweating the first few times hehe)? Absolutely not! You have a friend here who understands you. Take care!

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-02-2011 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room letter with the proper word as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread