It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #1
(female)

hazelnut86 HB User
waking up dizzy - sinsuses??

ok i sat up quickly in bed and felt really off - dizzy. this sentme into sheer panic attack mode. i then went into the bathroom to look at my throat which is really sore and i broke a mirror. sweeping it up i felt really off balance and finally took a klonopin. checked my bp and pulse and they were high!
soooooo, took a decongestant hoping this will help my sinus issues. now afraid to go back to sleep cause don't want to wake up dizzy again. ughh

wondering if sitting up too fast just made me feel dizzy which threw me into panic making me feel worse or this is just pressure from my allergies making my ears give me vertigo. ??? anyone ever feel this way? oh my mind was racing!!! scared me!

Old 09-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
Re: waking up dizzy - sinsuses??

This has happened to me. It actually was what was the beginning of my downfall one month ago. I woke up, with exact same thing. I was eventually told it was allergies, that got so bad I got double ear and sinus infections but the anxiety was bad and then it all spiraled out of control since then.
Anyways, these symptoms can also be just from anxiety, but yes, the allergies can definitely do this. I was told to start taking an allergy pill when I got done with my antibiotics, but they make me out of it, and I'm still playing the "which medicine is right for my brain" game so I'm just trying to deal with the allergies for now.
I am going to take my first dose of Effexor tonight. The Buspar the last two days has some very weird side effects. Sigh....if it's not one thing it's another. I want to feel good again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

I can totally sympathize with both of you. My allergies are SOOO bad this year, i'm allergic to dust mites and 6 different types of mold, and with all the rain and flooding we've had here, the mold spore count is extreme. I have constant sinus pressure that affects my ears, and then that throws my equalibrium off. This off-balance/dizzy feeling is a constant trigger for my panic attacks. I feel like my legs are like jello/rubbery half the time, and that i'm walking kinda like those people in that commercial, (i think for some kind of stomach issue or something) where they're all walking like slanted to the one side. Anyway, if either of you figure out how to get rid of this, PLEASE share it with me. This is starting to affect my job and that's not good. I used to take Benadryl for my allergies, but now that i'm on xanax 2-3 times a day, the benadryl, along with it, just kicks my butt! I hope we can find some kind of relief for this.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
(female)

hazelnut86 HB User

how is your effexor working out??

and yes i used to take benadryl all the time when i felt anxious but now they make me so out of it at work. i take zyrtec sometimes.

even though my cold went away, i still get hte off balance flgn off and on. i'm also taking flonase but not sure what it's doing.

i was given effexor too for anxiety but don't want the side effects so haven't started it yet.

i also have this weird feeling in the side of my eye by my temple i'm wondering if it is sinuses too or tmj or something. geez allergies and anxiety are so awful. ughhh

Old 09-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
(female)

hazelnut86 HB User

do either of you take allergy shots or have you? i did until about 6 months ago. i want to start again but not sure it helped much.

Closed Thread