It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

just like me HB User
Question at my wits end.....

Wow.... I have been reading the posts and so many people experience the same things as I do. I thought I was going crazy. I am a strong believer in not taking meds. But this anxiety is tearing my life apart. And its not all the time. Just when my stress level is high and the season changes from summer to autumn. I get heart palpitations, always on edge, but lately I'm feeling like my equilibrium is off. Like I'm going to fall or something. I'm a border line hypochondriac which makes things worse. I'm just tired of this. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

The following user gives a hug of support to just like me:
lynnetta (10-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
Exclamation Re: at my wits end.....

If your anxiety is mild you can probably treat it without medication. But if it's severe I don't think you can treat it without medication. Just my opinion from my own experience. I've found medication to be the only way to get on top of it.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
(female)

just like me HB User
Re: at my wits end.....

Thanks alot

Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

Just a suggestion if you are looking into medications and making an appointment with a Dr, do yourself a favor, make a small diary. By a diary I mean try to think about what triggers the attacks, what makes you so anxios etc.

I have several, like I couldn't work in an office that was cubicals. The feeling of being locked in, I freak. Even an office that I can't see the doorway to get out. When I'm at a Dr. office after about 15 min of waiting I open the door, I don't care if all I have on is the gown, I can't be locked in. I have many oher triggers. The more the Dr knows the better he can determine the medication to place you on.

Be sure to have a list of questions with you to ask. When making the appoinment let them know you would like an extended amount of time with the Dr. Most appointments are automatically set up for 15 min, so be sure to let them know at the time of the appoinment that your will need more time with the Dr.

Good Luck hope all of us on this board can always help

Old 10-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

You say you don't have this all the time. Maybe you could ask your doctor for a benzo, like xanax or something, to take when you really need to. That way you don't have to take it every day. And as long as you don't take it ALL the time, you won't become "dependant" on it. Just a suggestion. But there are several really good meds out there for treatment, whether it be short term or long term. Good luck and God Bless, Fox

Old 10-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
(female)

marianna43 HB Usermarianna43 HB Usermarianna43 HB User

Hi,

If you only have anxiety some of the time you could ask for one the benzos like Xanax that you could just when you feel the anxiety coming on. I take Xanax and it does somewhat lessen my anxiety attacks. If you have anxiety that seems to be more often that not you may want to look into something like Buspar or one of the SSRIs.

I have severe anxiety tried Buspar and had way too may side effects for me so went off it. I take Xanax 3x a day and just started on a SSRI to try to control the anxiety so will see if that will work.

Anyway I hope that you find the answer to help you to have less anxiety.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

I too take Xanax, it seems to help keep me in check. The good part about it is the days that I'm ok I don't have withdrawals or anything if I don't take it. I do take my first dose everyday as a preventative but the rest of the day is up to me. Please let us know how your doing. Please feel free to talk to us, your not alone and most of us try to check each day to try to help each other.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
(female)

lynnetta HB User

And I say, Wow, too.. You sound like me...ha.. I have EXACT symptoms you have.. heart palpitations, sometimes dizzy, don't want to take meds anymore (done the Paxil and Cymbalta thing-yuck)... And, my stress level is high.. Why can't we shake this stupid thing? I'm not much help, am I? I'm as frustrated as you are. This morning in church, I had to go in my purse and pop a Xanax... at Church!! I should have been relaxed... Ugh, I hate, hate, hate anxiety. I'm 47 and have dealt with it since around 20 yrs old.. It truly sucks.. I pray all the time that I can learn to relax.. sometimes I don't even know what I'm anxious about. Sorry... I came to this site to try and help and I need help.... If you find any kind of way to ease the symptoms WITHOUT meds, please post it. Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to lynnetta:
ml56 (10-10-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #9
(female)

Lynetta this site is here to help, don't worry about coming in here and venting or asking questions. The first time I asked for something was when my sons were younger I was working a lot and 2 of them were ADD and my middle one was driving me nuts. I literally told my DR I was going to hurt him, I was so stressed out and scared I would lock myself in my room to calm myself down.

Life is hard, but anxiety, depression and so many other things are really medical disorders. We should be so thankful now that we have ways of treating them. Our mothers and grandmothers didn't, the things they went through were crazy.

Did you know the term "Rule of thumb" derived from. That was the thickness of a stick that a man could whip his wife with. It could not be thicker than his thumb.

I do take my xanax every morning just in case as a preventative, then guage the rest of my day as it goes. As far as prayer and God, sweetie you have to believe, but you also have to believe that he gave wisdom to others to help us too. Just always remember God will never put more on us than we can bear. We all will be OK. Every day was not meant to be perfect, but some of us need to go through things so we may help others. Stay strong, you'll be OK. Remember your not alone, we are always here, don't ever feel ashamed or afraid to express what you feel you need to here. You will feel better.

Crystal

The Following User Says Thank You to iluv For This Useful Post:
lynnetta (10-10-2011)
Closed Thread