It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Anxiety success with Remeron anybody?

Has anybody here had sucsess using Remeron for anxiety, as opposed to depression?

My depression is well controled on Zoloft and Edronax, but anxiety is still a problem, and I'm wondering if a change might be in order?

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 10-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
(female)

IamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB UserIamAandD HB User
Re: Anxiety sucsess with Remeron anybody?

I had a bad experience on Remeron, it made me angry i was not myself. I quickly stopped taking it. However everyone reacts to medicine differently but that was my experience.

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-06-2011 at 05:44 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to IamAandD For This Useful Post:
tinkerbell45 (10-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
(female)

marianna43 HB Usermarianna43 HB Usermarianna43 HB User

I am so glad to hear of someone else who had the same reaction that I had. Everyone else seems to love Remeron. I also was very irritable on Remeron and had to go off of it after only being on it for less than a week.

The Following User Says Thank You to marianna43 For This Useful Post:
tinkerbell45 (10-11-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
(female)

BettyPoop HB User

When I started Remeron I was on 15 mg, and I noticed a difference right away. My anxiety and depression were manageable and I felt myself again. My doc bumped it up to 30mg, and again, I felt myself and less anxious/depressed. About a week ago, my doc bumped me up to 45mg and now my anxiety is worse and I am feeling really depressed again! I don't understand how more of it would make me feel worse, but I'm so frustrated because I felt like I was on the right track and feeling better. Now I feel worse and back down to where I started

The following user gives a hug of support to BettyPoop:
iluv (10-11-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User
Re: Anxiety success with Remeron anybody?

My step father takes it. He is such a different person now. He is happy, enjoying life has begun to be social with people, I wish he had been on it a long time ago. He has been on it 3 years and he is a very huge sucess story for remron

Old 10-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User

I absolutely HATED being on Remeron!!! The ONLY thing it was good for to me was that it would make me sleep but when i woke up my husband would actually have to help me out of bed because i was SO VERY dizzy from taking it(my dr prescribed it to be taken at night) and there were actually a few times that i fell down and hurt myself BEFORE my husband could get to me. Another BIG issue with the remeron with me was the weight gain.I only took it for about 2 months if that long and i gained around 60 pounds which my small body frame could not handle and i eventually ended up having to have BOTH of my knees replaced.So that is MY story about remeron but i have also heard good stories about it so i guess it just varies from each indiviual.Good Luck and Take Care of yourself!!! Tinkerbell45

The following user gives a hug of support to tinkerbell45:
iluv (10-11-2011)
Closed Thread