It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011, 06:13 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Red face What is this called..........?

When you constantly worry? About everything, even what people think of you and always worried.......in general?

Pls. going to the dr. is it considered OCD? Plus I am severely depressed to the point where it is the worst it has been in my life since my dad passed away.

Pls. advise........I Need help.

God bless, and NO I am not suicidal or at self harm...........

Old 10-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User
Re: What is this called..........?

Himmy I'm not a doctor by no means and would like more details but so far it appears to me as though you are having anxiety issues. This could be coupled with slight manic depression. The main thing is don't let it take over you. I take Xanax it works well for me, but I do still have episodes and please don't put me in a room that I can't get out of, I will really lose it. Another is be fourthcoming with your Dr so they can determine what might be best for you. I have anxiety and have been diagnosed slight bipolar and slight manic depressive. I only get treated for the anxiety right now. I have other health conditions, so I prefer to try my best to just handle things on my own. (and no I'm not always great at it either).
Just keep your head up, if you are diagnosed don't feel embarassed or ashamed, all of them are medical condittions. Please remember you have a support network here. So many people available and willing to help.

I hope I was able to help you. If you need anything else I try real hard to keep checks on any posts that I reply to.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iluv For This Useful Post:
himmylover (10-12-2011), Mandzd99 (10-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

Hi iluv!

God thank you for the quick response. YES, I Am a very high strong anxiety person and am on 10mgs of generic Lexapro and 1 mg of Kloplin on a as needed basis.

Lots of stress with family illness, my mom, husbands mom and dad and me not being able to find a decent job with a somewhat great work background and this all is really taken it toll on me. I worry about "EVERYTHING" MY appearance, what people think of me, what if, what if...........and you are correct I am going to be completely honest with my GP and also set up to see a therapist on the 28th.

I have be dx with Depression , which I think now is MAJOR, anxiety, PTSD from my father dying suddenly my best friend in the whole world besides hubby whom is very supportive just wants me to live life to the fullest and knows I am not. My mom has dementia and it the early stages, and I sometimes shake like a leaf........just nerves.

I am not motivated at all, have to make myself do things, and keep living, and this is NOT NORMAL.............but do worry way to much.

I am been doing some research until I get into my therapist and heard that Luvox was a decent AD for manic depression with out allot of weight gain.........worried about that too. I am only 5'2 and worked hard to be at a stable weight........

Please tell me your thoughts. I am still waiting for my dr. to call. I hate feeling so down all the Darn time, and always worrying about what ...........?!

I can not live life like this, and no I would never ever hurt myself.........god no..........

Old 10-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

I think what you're doing is great. It's important to learn about medications but if you fill your brain with all this info about all types of meds, your dr may give you something very different.

Another thing that is important is when your making your appointment let the person making the appointment know that you WILL need additional time with the Dr. Most appointments are set for 15-20 minutes, then you and the Dr becomes rushed. If they know in advance that you will need the extra time they will allocate for it. Sometimes you can even be the last patient of the day, get there a lil early and then you will have what you need. What ever your prescribed ask at that point if this doesn't work well what medication would they prefer to swirch you too. This way yu can learn about what your taking and its possible replacement.

Therapy is great. Just don't think your alone. The whole country is going through it right now.

Keep me posted let me know how your doing or if your not doing and just want to vent well you can do that too.
Take Care

The following user gives a hug of support to iluv:
himmylover (10-12-2011)
Old 10-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Can I ask one other ? If I am manic depressive with anxiety does this mean I might be a bit bi-polar? I know you are not a doctor, but curious, and if so....don't want to take something to make me fat.........LOL I can live with the dx but just need to know.............how do you know if you are bi-polar? Is their a test or something?

Sorry but honestly I have to get this under control. You are my angel.......you just don't know.

Hugs......

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-12-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chart room letters with the proper words as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 10-12-2011, 08:03 AM   #6
(female)

Not always, but there are quizzes online. I wouldn't rely on just one of the online quizzes, but my sons are ADD, and I have been through so many of the questionaires that its crazy. They check for all diorders when they are determining ADD. I have read a lot of those questions on the quizzes, they are pretty close. But they still are not a doctor or anything to get into a frenzy about.

OK

Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Your a doll, do I just do a google to see possibly?

Do you which medication for manic is best in the weigh area? Thank you for being so kind to me..........I want my life back................NOW..........

The following user gives a hug of support to himmylover:
tinkerbell45 (10-14-2011)
Old 10-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #8
(female)

Not sure about med for manic im sure you can start another post and ask. I used to just google the disorder, there are so many drug companies and doctors trying to make money I'm sure you'll find a few.

I appreciate the comments, Thank you

The best part about being here is there is always someone around to help, maybe not that moment but here

Try to remember your not alone not here its a great support network too

Thanks

himmylover (10-12-2011)
Old 10-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

I know...........this is why I LOVE THIS WEBSITE...........it has literally saved my life, not just from depression/anxiety/ but trying to understand my mothers dementia and talking with those whom are dealing with it or deal with it......this is my second Therapy place...........god bless and YOU STAY IN TOUCH WITH ME..............please................pm or just write.........I have met many good people on here and you are ONE of them .

Hugs.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #10
(female)

Your right this second place for therapy. I started coming here because I was diagnosed with MS in June. I have other health conditions too, but I understand them. The group here has taught me so much. It makes you want to scoll through and see if you can help someone else the same as they helped you.

Now I have something to do on the nights that I can't sleep. COOL right

The Following User Says Thank You to iluv For This Useful Post:
himmylover (10-12-2011)
Old 10-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am so sorry you were DX with MS, my sis in law has that and she is doing great..........heck better then me...........but I wish you the best and we will keep in touch ok? You are so nice and funny............2!

The Following User Says Thank You to himmylover For This Useful Post:
iluv (10-12-2011)
Old 10-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #12
(female)

Oh I'm straight with dx. Sorta glad to find out what was wrong. Not sure that was the answer I wanted, but I have always believed that everything happens for a reason. You never know I might be the golden child that gets some weird thing going on that helps fix someone else. LOL I mean really though I know this is going to be hard for a while. I have to wait for meds to really start working good. Try to keep my Anxiety in check, cause evidently its an additional issue it can get worse. Really though, what pain and what my brain not functioning quite right, hell I've always been told I had a screw loose, now we have proof LOL. But I do like coming in here and helping people even if its just to make them laugh. Even if its just for a day, its worth it to me. So I enjoy it. When I get the rest under control I want to do more, so sick or not I'm happy. I like to see others happy too.

himmylover (10-12-2011)
Old 10-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

That is why I love people like you, you make the world a happier place, and just caring for somebody else well being is all the love one can give, even a stranger..........You are amazing...........really amazing...............

I am going to call you my angel.............K?

Old 10-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi and god bless for quick response. I have been on several and now on generic lexapro, and so down, and the anxiety is out of this world..........I am worried about the depression part...........and I know anxiety comes with it........

Old 10-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #15
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
Smile Re: What is this called..........?

Hey himmy,

It sounds like you've got GAD - Generalized Anxiety Disorder - which basically means you're anxious all the time and don't know why. I have this. It's just a general anxiety that's always there but has no particular cause that you can identify. It runs on one side of my family so I'm sure I've got a genetic predisposition to it.

Depression and anxiety go together like peanut butter and jelly. If you've got one, chances are you'll get the other. They say they're both caused by the same chemical imbalance in the brain. This is why antidepressants work so well against both depression and anxiety. My anxiety is stonger than my depression. Some people are exactly the opposite. Everyone is different.

SSRI antidepressants work very, very well for this condition. Also, a mild traquilizer like Xanax can help take the edge off when things get really rough.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Furter For This Useful Post:
himmylover (10-13-2011)
Closed Thread