It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
(female)

Dorr1909 HB User
lightheadedness, weak and anxious

Hi all, sure hope to get some professional advice here from anyone willing to help.....I really would like to know how to handle this. 3 years ago after giving birth to my 3year old, I started having palpitations and major panic attacks at least 3 or 4 times a week....2years down the line the Lord helped me to know how to control when a panic attack is coming but the anxious feeling and too much focus on how i feel has not disappeared. I have in the past 3years been to 4 cardeologists (due to palps) but all was good. Now this year my main problem is this feeling of lightheadedness almost everyday...sometimes the neck is stiff - sometimes it feels like there is a wave / shift like in my head...when I walk in the malls or office it feels like am goin to fall....when I try to sit still feels like my body is moving - but i never feel dizzy in its true description e.g. room spinning or darkness.....Now I was recently diagonised with low iron - whenever I menstruate there are clots - was put on chelafer last month but now on haemofer - I havent gone back to check if the iron level has gone up (doing that this week). When I menstruate I feel terribly week and the head sensation gets worse. What frustrates me most is that the doc just concludes the sensation is due to anaemia which i agree to a certain extent but I really believe the head sensation probably has another explanation. I saw a post similar to mine here from a few years ago and someone responded by saying if you are always tense, grinding your teet due to anxiety the result is this feeling - could this be true? Are there any remedies that help relax muscles? I love exercising but now I am not doing as much due to this - If only this would go away and I get my normal life back - I believe in prayer and I am faithful that one of these good days - the answer will be right in front of me - and when I use it - the light headedness will just disappear - what a joy that will be ! thank you all and stay blessed!

The following user gives a hug of support to Dorr1909:
Hopefulhoney (10-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
(female)

jlb24 HB User
Re: lightheadedness, weak and anxious

Hi! I am experiencing the EXACT same thing. I had thought maybe it was allergies, or sinuses, but I had a doc appt on Monday and he said my sinuses looked good. I'm going to look into the anemia thing, myself. When I was pregnant, I was slightly anemic...and I'm wondering if that is still the case. I find myself worrying about the sensations, and then I worry even more and I am over-sensitized to the whole situation, so I feel anxious all the time. Please keep me posted if you find out any info., and I will do the same. Good luck!

Old 10-14-2011, 04:51 AM   #3
(female)

Dorr1909 HB User
Smile Re: lightheadedness, weak and anxious

Hi there.....believe me i truly understand how ruining it can be but while we wait for the answer - maybe lets just believe God and hope that soon we will be free - sometimes I cry because I cannot explain it to anyone so it sort of gives me some relief that someone out there understands how I feel and goes through the same. The doctors sometimes dont really help you emotionally because all they want is to get it over and done with so they can see the next patient.

Anyway, i am going to the doc next week and hopefully my Iron levels have gone up so I can rule that one out ! Its the worst feeling ever. Just walking in the mall can be daunting because you feel like anytime you can fall and looks like the mind is never convinced that you have not fallen in the past 3years and you will never fall....I think we must try and teach our minds to relax and believe that we are fine....someone once said to me that "We are what we think and we attract what we imagine - so while you wait for the answer - imagine yourself well and who knows you might not need to be visiting a doc !!

Old 10-14-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

Dorr, It sounds to me like you may have Generalized Anxiety Disorder (I have that and Panic Disorder). I feel like that ALOT! Just an off balanced kind of feeling, like your equallibrium is off. It's like you're walking on a boat or have "elevator legs" all the time. For me, it only got worse, I started having severe health anxiety, and was constantly aware of palpitations and such, which would then throw me into a panic attack, and then I would think there was something wrong with my heart. It's not fun at all. I used to take some Benadryl to ease that feeling, but now that my panic attacks have come back full force, due to starting perimenopause, I started back on Zoloft. An SSRI may be something to consider if you're constantly feeling anxious, and lightheaded.

The Following User Says Thank You to Foxxii For This Useful Post:
Dorr1909 (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
(female)

Dorr1909 HB User

Thanks for your reply Foxxii. What is an SSRI? You see my other thing is I hate medication....especially anxiety meds, i always feel like they make me feel even more wierd. You described something very well there...."health anxiety" Constantly think there is some big disease that the docs cannot find....I sit and argue with my doc and he keeps saying there is absolutely nothing wrong - in actual fact when i was diagonised with anaemia, for a while i felt so good, so relieved because i had a reason behind the feeling.....but now the anxiousness is back because the lightheadedness, floaty feeling, inbalance, jelly knees, wavy head, weak, tired, sleepy feeling just feels terrible - especially this week ! Holding on to hope. Thx Foxxii....

Old 10-14-2011, 06:24 AM   #6
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

An SSRI (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor) is an antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication. They help to correct a chemical imbalance in the brain that controls depression and anxiety. There are many of them, including Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Lexapro, etc. They are VERY helpful with these types of conditions. Like I stated before, I have recently started Zoloft again. I have been on it, off and on, for about 10 years now, and it works great for me. It takes the anxiety and panic away. They are a drug that you have to start slowly at a low dose, and work your way up to the recommended dosage, and for some, it increases the anxiety a bit for a few weeks until it starts working. But the benefits greatly outway the side effects of first starting it. It's like this.... "i'm going to feel a little more crappy for a few weeks, but after that i'm going to feel great and be back to my old self again." It's well worth the trade for me and alot of other users. Maybe this is something you should look into. I, myself, do not like taking pills if I don't absolutely have to, but I will take these to get rid of "the demon", as I like to call it. If this is the road you choose, make sure to ask your doctor for some xanax to help you along with the initial side effects. I wish you well, and God Bless! Fox

The Following User Says Thank You to Foxxii For This Useful Post:
Dorr1909 (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
Arrow Re: lightheadedness, weak and anxious

You have classic anxiety symptoms.

I agree that SSRIs are VERY effective against this condition. I take Zoloft and it works very well for me with very few side effects. Ask your doctor about them. You need to take them for a while to get the full benefit from them. Xanax (or any other Benzo-class drug) will give you immediate short-term relief but only an SSRI will give you lasting longterm relief.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Furter For This Useful Post:
Dorr1909 (10-17-2011)
Closed Thread