It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
Question Tingling face, neck and arm.....

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you have had this tingling as a side effect of taking zoloft or xanax? Or is it just a symptom of anxiety/panic? I just increased my dosage of Zoloft 3 nights ago to 50 mg from 25. I have this tingling feeling from between my shoulder blades, it goes up the left side of my neck and left side of my face (a little on the right side of my face too), and it goes down my arm too? My face feels kind of like when novacaine is wearing off from the dentist. It feels warm too. It's kind of freaking me out a little here because I only ever got this twice when I had panic attacks on both the zoloft and xanax at the same time. I'm trying to figure out what's causing it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Fox

Old 10-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
Arrow Re: Tingling face, neck and arm.....

Tingling is a common side effect of Zoloft. I don't know about Xanax. Have you ever had it when NOT on Zoloft? I got a little tingling when I started Zoloft again but it has now disappeared. I'd say give it time and it should go away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2011, 05:25 AM   #3
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
Re: Tingling face, neck and arm.....

Thanks Frank! To answer your question, no i have never had it while not taking zoloft. I think i figured it all out. The tingling in my face and neck stopped shortly after I took my xanax for the night. I think it was from elevated anxiety from the increasing meds. My arm however, kept tingling, but it only went down to my pinky and my ring finger, and it was a different kind of tingle, like when your hand or foot falls asleep. I read up on this and I think it may be a pinched ulnar nerve. Not sure, but it's been tingling like this for a few days off and on. But after looking up the side effedts of Zoloft last night I realized, the face thing was probably from that or anxiety.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User
Re: Tingling face, neck and arm.....

Hey Foxxi thats what I was going to say. Im not sure if I would say it's a pinched nerve but I have a lot of muscular problems in my back and shoulders that cause that very affect. I use a massage school. The students have to get so many hours on actual patients and the are cheaper. A heating pad in the morning and cooling at night.

I hope it feels better

Closed Thread