It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
(female)

Bubblemuffin HB UserBubblemuffin HB User
Anxiety, depression, nausea, HELP

So this year has seriously been the worst of my life. I dont know what to do, I seriously have so many symptoms of anxiety I can't even keep up with them. All I want is to feel better. I feel dizzy all the time, and the nausea is so bad it keeps me up some nights. I get obsessive thoughts over everything
I feel like I can't make decisions. I like literally have no hope left. Im so scared Im going to die. I have no appetite. I get derealisation and these massive waves of dread and anxiety like Im living in a bad nightmare. I feel like I am falling apart. I miss my old self. nothing seems to work

The following user gives a hug of support to Bubblemuffin:
collegegirl007 (10-17-2011)
Old 10-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
Re: Anxiety, depression, nausea, HELP

Bubble, It sounds to me like you need some type of mediication or therapy to help you. If you've been feeling this way for that long, then it is definately not going to go away on it's own. First thing i'd do is make an appointment with my primary care doctor and see what they say. They can give you something to help, if it's an SSRI i would strongly suggest getting some type of benzo to counter the initial start up side effects of these drugs, because they tend to make you even more anxious in the beginning few weeks. If you don't want to go the medication route then i'd suggest a therapist to help you. You should not allow yourself to suffer this way, there is help out there for all of us who deal with this. Good luck with everything, Fox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
Lightbulb Re: Anxiety, depression, nausea, HELP

Ditto what Foxxii said.

Go to the doctor, get a complete physical. I would strongly recommend taking an SSRI antidepressant. That's the ONLY thing I've found that helps severe long-standing anxiety. Get some Xanax or some other mild tranquilizer to help take the edge off. Try to stay busy and connected to family/friends to help take your mind off things.

Good luck.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
(female)

marianna43 HB Usermarianna43 HB Usermarianna43 HB User

I agree with both of them but definitely talk with a dr because not everyone responds positively to SSRIs. For some unknown reason I dont. I cant take SSRIs. So if you have a dr that can handle your medications than if you have problems with it then they can handle it if problems pop up. I hope that you find the answers you need. Anxiety and depression is definitely something that you want to get help for. ((hugs))

Old 10-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
(female)

collegegirl007 HB User

I just replied to a similar post, it is located directly above yours titled "I'm going insane" Please read my reply to that post as I think it will really really help you out a lot. I have been through the exact same thing this past year and medications only made me worse, not better. It was only after I stopped taking the medications and started helping myself that I got better.

You can do this and I am willing to talk to you and help you through anything you may need. No one deserves to go through this terrible anxiety. I am getting a lot better now - with out medication!!

I agree you should see your doctor to have some tests ran because some imbalances in our bodies can actually cause anxiety. But if none are found, then I would honestly try seeing a therapist or counselor first before going on medications. You can also try the techniques that I listed that helped me get better!

I hope you get to feeling better very soon!! God Bless!!

The Following User Says Thank You to collegegirl007 For This Useful Post:
Bubblemuffin (10-18-2011)
Old 10-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

Bubble I agree with everyone here and what they've said. Each person requires individual care. I do take Xanax. I should probably take others but it seems to keep me in check. I try to let everyone know that they are not alone. We are all here to help you. So keep us posted and let us know how your doing. Just please don't be in fear of a doctor. Please when you have that visit be honest and clear with them to make the most of your visit. Just remember you have already taken the first step by reaching out. We are here for you OK.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
(female)

hey everyone, I of course have had every test under the sun, everything is perfect.. So I mean unless they missed something (which I always worry they have) there is nothing wrong with me apart from anxiety. Ive been going to uni and work with it. But I still feel pretty bad. I have good hours sometimes though. and it does go up and down. Every day I have a new obsession like last night I woke up with my mind racing and worrying, it felt as if I had been worrying in my sleep, so all day Ive been anxious about that. and I still feel sick.. but Im trying to eat. I have tried a quater of an ssri tablet before and it did help a bit, I got better and went off it. The worst part is I have a lovely life and I feel like I can't enjoy or appreciate it. I'm only 20! I just want to feel better it is nice to know Im not alone though

Old 10-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

Bubble having anxiety attacks is a medical condition. There is nothing wrong with getting treatment for it. Life is too precious to let it pass you by. You have so much in front of you. If you have a doctor that is willing to treat you, please allow them. Just makke sure you keep up with your individual condition. Make sure the lines between you and your doctor have good open lines of communication. Trust me there are reasons I'm medicated LOL. It is important though for you to write down things that may cause the triggers. There are things I avoid just in the name of prevention. Doesn't mean I don't encounter them, I just handle them better now.

The Following User Says Thank You to iluv For This Useful Post:
Bubblemuffin (10-29-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
(female)

hey guys just thought Id let you all know that I actually have H. pylori and stomach ulcers :P (not that the anxiety isnt a problem) but for people who have similar symptoms you might want to get it checked

Old 11-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
(female)

Yes bubble I have been treated for ulcers more than once in my lovely lifetime. Stress and anxiety doesn't help with them. I have changed my diet over time to also accomadate that. I also suffer migraines. I didn't know until about ayear and a half ago that foods cause migraines too. So I have also ajusted my diet for that also. Just try to take some time to find your triggers that will help you control all of this some more also. Good Luck

Old 11-12-2011, 04:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi Bubble,
I have also had H.Pylori and Ulcers also a Hiatal-Hernia and yes these conditions would cause stress in anyone. Xanax helped me a lot during that time.
Look up diet for Acid Reflux as that is common after H.P treatment. You will find altering your diet will reap benefits all round with your health and well being.
I wish you well for the future.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread