It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
(female)

Feejee HB User
Anxiety sufferer

Hi everyone. just wanted to know if anyone has any good advice on how to get rid of fear. I get bouts of fear now and then and i start to panic. Also has anyone taken any good herbal medicine for relaxation and which brings happiness back. Let me know!!

Old 10-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User
Re: Anxiety sufferer

I take Xanax myself, but that would be something I would think you could look up on the net. Check web MD they may have some things or droz, I know there a lot of drink mixes. I like my Xanax just because it works so quick on a bad attack and helps prevent a lot of them too.

Hope you find what your looking for, if you find it and dont mind could you let us know what you find and share the info

The following user gives a hug of support to iluv:
Feejee (10-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
(female)

Feejee HB User

I am currently taking fish oil and evening primrose oil. It worked well on keeping the palpitations down but now the palpitations have returned along with the bouts of fear. Thanks for that. Will look up Web MD. Looking into going totally herbal though!! Will let you know any good results.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
Lightbulb Re: Anxiety sufferer

SSRIs and Benzos are the best treatments.

As far as herbs go:

Valerian
Kava
Chamiole (sp?)
Passion flower
Melatonin for sleep
St. John's Wart for depression

Last edited by Frank Furter; 10-26-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
(female)

Feejee HB User

Thanks for that. does anyone know of any meds (herbal) that actually bring stop the palpitations? I am pretty new to this and only had an anxiety attack in January of this year. The nurses in the hospital were not helpful at all. all they said was that I had an anxiety attack. No explanation, no solutions nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Feejee For This Useful Post:
Azenith (10-27-2011)
Old 10-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User

Magnesium helps my palpitations at times, and I also heard that Omega 3 fish oils help too.

The Following User Says Thank You to miche31 For This Useful Post:
Feejee (10-26-2011)
Old 10-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
(female)

Feejee HB User

Aww thanks for that!!! That is very true. One day at a time I suppose. But i dont' like being in this situation. I feel as if I am in a world of my own, a big hole that I can't get out off. Because at times when I feel that i am getting better, i somehow go down again. I have started exercising and cutting down on fatty foods etc. I also have this fear of dying and I think that is playing up on my mind. I keep thinking that I am going to die!! How many others feel this way?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

Feejee,
Rescue Remedy is suposed to be safe for adults or children
Kava - is available in capsule or tincture form at your health food store

Also yoga and any type of relaxing activities seem to keep showing up in all of the searches for anything natural. Honestly I do hope it works for you. I think thats all the goody I've got LOL. I too take fish oil I take the combo Omega 3-6. I haven't noticed a difference with my anxiety though. If you don't mind please keep us posted.

The following user gives a hug of support to iluv:
Feejee (10-27-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to iluv For This Useful Post:
Feejee (10-27-2011)
Old 10-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User

I have that fear too. This summer I went through two solid months of daily anxiety and panic attacks all over thinking I was dying. It was soo bad. I felt like I had a nervous breakdown it was so bad. I am slowly getting better. One day at a time.

The following user gives a hug of support to miche31:
Feejee (10-27-2011)
Old 10-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #10
(female)

Feejee HB User

Thanks for that Iluv and Miche. Will keep you posted. You know I have also been getting headaches but i thnk mainly it would be to the break in my sleeping patterns.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
(female)

marrie12 HB Usermarrie12 HB User

I'm in the same boat. Lots of fear just started up recently and I would like to find something herbal to take. So far haven't had much luck but if I find something I'll let you know. Have you found anything yet? Are there certain times when it's worse? Someone suggested starting a journal, have you don that? Anyway let me know how it goes. Deep breathing helps too.
Calm and Peace
Marrie12

Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
(female)

Feejee HB User

I haven't had much luck in finding anything yet. someone suggested taking multivitamins, doing lots of exercise and cutting down on certain foods. Am trying that. I only had a bad fear attack when I actually started getting better from anxiety. The ones i get now are minimal where it comes on for no apparent reason and then I start getting fidgety and walking around. But I also have digestion problems from the anxiety and when I eat certain foods I get lots of gas in my stomach or throat area and it sometimes makes me breathless. This brings on the fear too. I haven't thought of starting a journal - maybe i will.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #13
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
Lightbulb Re: Anxiety sufferer

Talking only gives me brief relief. Next day I'm back to feeling bad again. Exercise is good. Valerian root is good but short lasting. Kava made me feel "drunk" and has been linked to liver damage if used for long periods. I take fish oil and have noticed no difference at all from that but I suppose it has many other benefits for your body too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Furter For This Useful Post:
Feejee (10-30-2011)
Old 10-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #14
(female)

sunkisd302 HB User

Feejee, I also have a horrible fear of dying. You are not alone in that. I made my doctors do so many tests to make sure there was nothing wrong with me. Every doctor I saw came back with the same result, that I have anxiety and panic disorder. It was hard to believe something mental could cause so much physical stuff but I am now learning to accept it.

Like many have said about natural healing, daily exercise helps for the general anxiety. And I just try to do things that make me happy. Like listening to music, watching funny movies, etc. I am not sure if there are any natural supplements that help...like many others I have tried fish oil but I didn't notice a difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunkisd302 For This Useful Post:
Feejee (10-30-2011)
Closed Thread