It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

Nyzfyniistmami HB User
Unhappy My anxiety/panic attack story... :(

My anxiety started 5yrs ago while I was pregnant with my daughter. My first attack took place while I was driving.. Scariest thing ever... and the cycle began... Except that I didnt know that what I was going through was anxiety for the first year or so. I pretty much ignored what I was feeling and did not what to talk to anyone about it. Then I started having attacks more frequent. So I finally talkd to my doc. Ive been on paxil, celexa, and now welbutrin. They all work well for me at the beginning of use but eventually they stop working like right now... Just sunday I had to pull over on I95 because of an anxiety attack. I went to my doc and she said I need to see a shrink.. I really wish I can just be back to myself. Im scared to do everything I once loved to do. I sometimes dont go to work because of this.. :'( when will it stop?!

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-28-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
(female)

Passiongirl79 HB User
Re: My anxiety/panic attack story... :(

I'v had anxiety for 5yrs also, these panic attacks have controlled my life, I have stopped doing alot of things I use to do including driving. I had so many panic attacks while driving that I finally quit afraid I would wreck. I am on celexa and buspar but I feel they have quit working but afraid to take anything else and afraid to quit what I am taking. I would love to have children but don't want to bring children into this panic world I have. How are you with your children, does the panic get in the way of you doing things with them? It's nice to hear others stories and know I am not alone.

The following user gives a hug of support to Passiongirl79:
Nyzfyniistmami (10-29-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Passiongirl79 For This Useful Post:
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
(female)

Nyzfyniistmami HB User

Good morning, as far as my kids and anxiety sometimes it does get in the way because im scared to do everything, but other times I make myself do things for my children. They shuldnt have to suffer because my condition and thats what I repeat to myself whenever they want to do something like amusement parks. I hope this helps.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:33 AM   #4
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

From what i've been told, the Wellbutrin is mainly for depression. Most of the people I know that have tried it for anxiety/panic said it didn't work for them at all. It made them more anxious. I believe this is why they give it to people who are already on SSRI's that have no motivation, sex drive, etc. It's supposed to "up" your mood & energy. I may be wrong, but this is what i've heard.

On the flip side, I have to say that i've had great luck with Zoloft. I have GAD & Panic Disorder (25 years now). I have been taking it, on and off, for the last 10 years or so. I just went back on it a little over 3 weeks ago, due to starting perimenopause, my attacks got crazy out of control. Maybe you should try a different med. There's Zoloft, Lexapro, Effexor, Cymbalta, etc....I'm sure there's something out there that will work long term for you, maybe with the combination of medicine and therapy you'll get the relief you seek. But for me CBT, self help books, counseling, and all that never worked, the only thing that works is the medication. So i'm a lifer now. Anyway, I hope you find something that works for you, and stops "crashing out" on you. Good Luck! Fox

Last edited by Foxxii; 10-29-2011 at 05:34 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Foxxii:
The Following User Says Thank You to Foxxii For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread