It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
(female)

sikee HB User
Unhappy Please help im scared of open spaces and outside.

Everyday i have this spaced out, dizzy, off balance feeling. Some times my head is just so heavy and i feel like i could pass out even if i'm having a good day and not worrying about anything what so ever.In the house, Im somewhat fine then as soon as I get out to malls or movies or big places i cant handle it it feels like im getting sucked into place my legs go weak its so crazy and im so tired of it. anywhere where I feel like I have nothing to grab onto it drives me nuts i cant go anywhere big. please someone who knows what it is ... is there anyone out there who treated this????? im so sick and tired of everybody being all your not alone i have this too.. well how about i had this too but i got rid of it by: ... i swear as soon as i find out the cause of this feeling im going to post on every post and tell everybody that i over came it and its all good and to go and do what ever it is if there is anything. :dizz y::di zzy: oh and when i go to bed it feels like im on a boat but thats not my biggesst concern

Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
Re: Please help im scared of open spaces and outsside.

Sounds to me like you are suffering from an anxiety disorder with agoraphobia. You need to get yourself to your doctor and get some type of medication, therapy, or both! I was like that years ago, and when I started feeling that way again recently, I went to my doc and was put back on Zoloft. I have suffered with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and Panic Disorder since I was 14. I am now 39 and still have it. The only thing that has worked for me is medication. I tried all the others, like CBT, self help books, etc... But please go get yourself checked out by your doc and let them know what's going on. Good luck! Fox

Last edited by Foxxii; 11-01-2011 at 08:17 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Foxxii For This Useful Post:
sikee (11-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
(female)

sikee HB User

Im not really that interested in taking zoloft its really bad and 4 in 100 people comming suicide im scared of taking medicen like that

Old 11-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
(female)

Ayria HB UserAyria HB UserAyria HB UserAyria HB User

Aw sweetie! I really feel for you. I can understand why you'd find a statistic like that off-putting. You don't say you feel suicidal or massively depressed, just very anxious and worried about yourself. Remember, if you were to try zoloft or a type of medication the doctor will generally ask you to come in and will keep a good eye on you when you first start out. I think it's definitely worth considering if it's mainly anxiety/panic attacks you're suffering from.

I also have another idea. I live in the UK and I was prescribed Propranolol for my anxiety/panic attacks. Propranolol is a beta blocker, and it lowers your heart rate, stops you from shaking/sweating and seems to prevent panic attacks. You can take it as needed such as, before something you know is stressful, or take it a few times a day.

It worked amazing for me, and I've always recommended it. It's not addictive, or harmful. The doctor will check your blood pressure before prescribing you it to make sure it isn't low or anything. If you're interested you can always google around about it and bring it up with your GP as an option.

The following user gives a hug of support to Ayria:
sikee (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
Exclamation Re: Please help im scared of open spaces and outsside.

Anxiety developing into agorophobia. This is common among anxiety sufferers.

The only thing that will knock it out is medication. I take Zoloft and it works wonders for this type of thing and it's very safe. Don't read those drug reviews on the internet or you'll never take anything. Take it and see how YOU react to it. There are other SSRIs if you want to take one of those instead. They all work basically the same way with similar side effects that are mild in most people. I take Zoloft and I find myself forgetting to take it sometimes which means I'm feeling better.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
(female)

sikee HB User

Thanks a lot for everyone who replied back .. its just that i dont want to rely on pills, I read so many things of people depending on them with their life. I have not been sleeping properly for the past 3 years im just way to lazy to go to bed early, i really dont like it.. and I read before that not sleeping reproduces some chemical from the brain that contains the stuff that makes you anxious, my strange feelings hit after a long school holiday of staying up and skipping days of sleep and ever since then its been getting worse, does anyone else have sleeping problems like not go to sleep before 12 get under 10 hours of sleep ??

Closed Thread