It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question Zoloft....?? And weight?

Hi, I am thinking of taking to my dr. about switching from Generic Celexa to Zoloft. But like that I have not gained any weight on Celexa, but does not seem to be helping with the GAD, and panic.

I KNOW everyone is different, but most of you Zoloft users can you tell me honestly did you gain, or pretty much stay weight neutral???????????

Honesty please, and YES, I am still willing to give it a try, for the panic and GAD are getting worse..........and this is a life I don't want to live...........

God bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
Re: Zoloft....?? And weight?

himmy, I have taken Zoloft, off and on, for the last 10 years or so. It never made me gain weight. This is probably my fourth time on it, and so far i've actually been losing weight.
The only other SSRI I ever took was Paxil, and that caused me to gain 60 pounds in a year!!! YUK!

The Following User Says Thank You to Foxxii For This Useful Post:
himmylover (11-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

Thank you.........OMG, I know Paxil is "BAD" I swelled up like a basket ball on it..............NO Way........

I just need help with the Panic Attacks, and GAD.................gonna talk to my therapist about this one................thank you!

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-04-2011 at 04:10 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to himmylover:
Foxxii (11-05-2011)
Old 11-05-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

You're very welcome!

My experience with Zoloft is that it works great for my GAD, and Panic Disorder. After i'm on it for a while EVERYTHING goes away and I can function like a "normal" person again, that's why I chose to go back on it. I recently started perimenopause and THAT set everything in motion again! But it's 10 times worse now because of my hormones going crazy. Both my pdoc, and my gyno, told me it was going to be ALOT worse during this time, I didn't believe them at first, I thought "yea like it can really get worse than what it already has been for the last 25 years" BOY was I wrong! I pray to God that it doesn't last like 10 years. LOL Good luck with everything, and I hope the Zoloft works just as well for you if you choose to take it. God Bless! Fox

The following user gives a hug of support to Foxxii:
himmylover (11-05-2011)
Old 11-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

God Bless,

You sound just like me. I think I am going through permi too. Yep, sure do @ 45! Many feamle problems and could not have children, and yes I am like you think I am definately in permi..................you have been a angel........

I am think about giving it a shot..............anything to lesson the anxiety, GAD, and gosh darn moodiness..........errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , so us woman ever get a break?

Thank you.....

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-05-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Replaced "U" with "You" as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Hey Himmlover, long time no chat!

Given that you arnt getting releif from an SSRI, it might be worth trying Effexor in a dose of 150mg per day. This hits noradrenalin as well as seretonin, and can give panic attacks and GAD the "one two knock out punch"

Worth considering anyway.

Very best of luck

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnstar For This Useful Post:
himmylover (11-08-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 03:32 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

I took Zoloft and never gained weight on it...unfortunately,I didn't feel much effect from it either.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you for all the replies............I will talk to my dr. tomorrow.........

Hugs to all.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #9
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
Wink Re: Zoloft....?? And weight?

I've been on Zoloft for the better part of 15 years. I never gained any weight. I'm back on it again after about a year off of it and I'm actually LOSING weight for some reason. I've lost about 10 pounds and I'm not even trying to lose weight. Zoloft does decrease your appetite especially when you first go on it. I noticed I filled up faster and food didn't taste as good to me but that has gone away now and I don't notice any stomach issues anymore.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you all so much for the feedback..........I am going to the dr. this morning and seeing about changing to Zoloft, and hopefully it will work better for me...........I am loosing my father in law to cancer, and a mom to dementia and just don't know how much more I can take............life is rough........thank god I have a loving husband to help me through all this and I need to be strong for him as well..............

God bless.

Foxxii (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #11
(female)

God love you himmy! You're in a terrible spot right now, no wonder your anxiety is out of control! Please let us know how your doctor visit went, Best of luck to you, sending prayers your way! Fox

The following user gives a hug of support to Foxxii:
himmylover (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you so very much for your kind words and encouragement. I forgot to mention I have a adult brother that is handicapped and have to deal with this too. BUT I know that god is going to help me through this.........

My doctor was very loving today, she cried with me and gave me an hug, and now tomorrow being a new day, I will start my low dose of Zoloft, and keep trying to move forward.

You made my day by just writing and telling me your thoughts and I thank you for your support.

Hugs......D

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-09-2011 at 05:59 PM.

momoftrio (11-09-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #13
(female)

horsecrazy4 HB User

Hi. I'm new here. But wanted to let you know I've been off and on zoloft for 10 or so years and it's never made me gain weight

Old 11-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

God bless,

Thank you.............very much.

Closed Thread