It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
(female)

dmm1511 HB User
Trapped in my own head

Hi! I'm new to this board, but am posting here in hopes that someone can offer some advice or at least let me know that this is normal. I am 25 and have been dealing with generalized anxiety disorder since the age of 13. For the most part, I have had it under control, but every now and then I get a bad spell of it. <edit>

The past week or so I am been dealing with unbearable anxiety and I feel like I am trapped in my own head and just can't stop it. I know that two things brought this on: the first is that I turned 25 and am having severe anxiety about never having been in a relationship...I wanted to be married by now! The other thing, is that I was doing so well so my doctor lowered my med dose and clearly that didn't work so well.

I know logically the relationship thing isn't the biggest deal in the world, as I have had many setbacks (like the long processes of being diagnosed with lupus and finding the right treatment) that have put me a little behind in the dating game. Yet, even knowing all of that; my mind convinces me there are a million other things that must be wrong with me that I haven't found someone yet. Basically, it's like I can talk myself into anything, but for the life of me cannot talk myself out of the anxiety.

Does anyone else have this problem and any advice on how to deal with it? If not, thank you for just letting me post this long message and vent a little!! I'm sorry it ended up being so long!

Last edited by ms_mod; 11-20-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

The following user gives a hug of support to dmm1511:
someone2talk2me (11-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
(female)

someone2talk2me HB Usersomeone2talk2me HB User
Re: Trapped in my own head

Hi !
We have somethings in common. First, for a long time I felt as if I was trapped in my own head also. I also have lupus . I think if you want to be in a relationship take steps towards forming one. For example hang out places where you can meet people when you feel like it. Try to think positive thoughts . I think lupus makes you go through lots of different emotions , I often feel different numerous times a day especially not having anyone to talk to about it. So, keeping my thoughts in my head is normal to me now. Good luck and I hope things get better for you !

Closed Thread