It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
(female)

Tamara0391 HB User
Anxiety is choking me

I am an immigrant from the caribbean, coming here i did not know what anxiety was, i eventually found out when i googled my symptoms and found the term Generalized Anxiety Disorder, it doesn't help that i am an over thinking and find pleasure in blowing things out of proportion. So when i saw this i immediately started acting even more like an anxious person sometimes without realising. it's been two years and I'm starting to slowly show signs of improvement. many problems still persist such as my paranoid and agoraphobic tendencies. I dont understand or know what to do i am annoyed and frustrated. i have noone to talk to and the very few people in my life who acctually care to listen dont really understand. i feel alone, i cannot afford to visit a mental health proffesional, so i visit the library to read books about anxiety an how to cope with it. meanwhile my paranoia is causing me to loose friends, considering i keep accusing them of things i think they did, this includes my boyfriend. I am still hopeful that i will get through this, and that i dont do anything stupid in the meantime

Old 11-29-2011, 04:07 AM   #2
(male)

lancetrot HB User
Re: Anxiety is choking me

Sometimes, even if you're not mentally stressed, you body is. Your body and mind are one; if you experience external or mental stress but don't have a physical reaction, eventually your body will catch up and release it one way or the other. Your subconscious may also be telling your body to be stressed. Try doing breathing exercises and don't push yourself too hard when you feel that way. Listen to your body- do what is says or it'll bite back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread