It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

sohappyYanxious HB User
Unhappy anxiety in the way daily-help please

Sorry so long. How to start. Well lately ive been having awful thoughts about constant worry. At least three panic attacks/ anxiety attacks daily. They include hot and cold flashes, sweating, heart going haywire, throbbing tension head aches, trembling, mean thoughts of some awful serious problem wrong with me, seeing random light specks, constant muscle tension and pain, numbness in face or hands or feet. Can never sleep when panicked. These pains and aches and symptoms vary on each attack. Only lately for about the last three months has this gone on. Thing is.. i have nothing to worry about right now. I have a beautiful boyfriend of five months who i believe understands but i get tired of telling him how poopy i feel. I work in public five days a week at a hookah lounge. Im 20 years of age, had a very rough childhood. Long story. Had a near death experience around Febuary so i believe thats where this anxiety came from. Im alsi affraid to take any kind of pills due to this experience ive had. I do not have insurance but always worry its some huge medical problem (tumor) but cant go to the doctor. Im so blessed and i appreciate it daily . But this physical and mental pain is really braking me everyday more and more. Any advice to soothe symptoms or thoughts. I feel like im loossing my mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: anxiety in the way daily-help please

Hello sohappyYanxious. Is there any relaxing activities you could do that would help reduce your anxiety such as yoga or getting a massage? If you can, I suggest you keep a record of when and where you have these panic/anxiety attacks, what's going through your mind at moment and what can you do or tell yourself to keep the anxiety from spinning out of control. When looking back on these records you may be able to identify what is causing your anxiety and what you do or can do to better manage it.

I know you said you don't have health insurance, but if you can I would also suggest you talk to a therapist or attend a support group for people suffering from anxiety. Anxiety can distort your perspective on things and sometimes it can be really helpful to get someone else's opinion on the situation.

The following user gives a hug of support to flamesabers:
sohappyYanxious (12-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
(female)

sohappyYanxious HB User

Thank you very much. I just dont know how comfortable i am telling a stranger all this. I believe Venting will help though. Ill just have to do the venting to someone thats close to me. After the holidays. I also havw nightmares of the close to death experience. Almost everyday for the last two months i haven't been able to sleep on a pillow because my back anf,neck are so tense. The thing that really scares me about the attacks is the thought of me developing a mental illness. I feel like im losing it sometimes. I can pick up some sort of physical activity or at least try to . I work the grave yard shift on my feet all night. So honestly i tend to be lazy during the day. What i have found as really helpful to help ease the attacks is a bubble bath with lavender candles and relaxing music or music i Love like greenday. I always feel so outta body sometimes. I wanna learn how to work with these attacks so im no longer scared of them. By the way does anyones ears ever ring during attacks ? And has anyone tried taking homeopathic remedies for anxiety?

The Following User Says Thank You to sohappyYanxious For This Useful Post:
LessStress38 (12-23-2011)
Old 12-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User
Lightbulb Re: anxiety in the way daily-help please

You've got all the classic anxiety symptoms, all of which are harmless. I've found medication to be the ONLY thing that helps me. I know you said you don't have insurance and so forth, but you can get generic drugs for $5 a month without insurance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Furter For This Useful Post:
sohappyYanxious (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #5
(female)

sohappyYanxious HB User

Thank you so much for replying
But the only problem with medications, is that my experience which has led to this anxiety (PTSD) which has led to my anxiety in general keeps me from taking any pills. It can vary ffrom a simple vitamin to even a over the counter pain killer. The thought if a pill causes a panic attack which leads to muscle tension which leads to more panic. The attacks are starting to last all day long. For days in a row. Which effects my mood. Its a viscous cycle which effects my new relationship with someone who i believe is my soulmate. And when my ears ring and my face numbs up and i have tension headaches continue for hours long it leads me to believe thwre is a worse cause if the pain like a tumor. Which i have no symptoms of. I scare myself into Thnking i have a mental illness because my uncle has one. Im so young and have worked so hard for what i finally have and i feel like im throwing it all away with constant worry. I get so mean during attacks and they are happening more. Im affraid of losing it. I want a positive great future.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Would it make a difference to take medication as a liquid instead as a pill? I'm not sure if there is any anti-anxiety medication that comes in liquid form, but if the liquid form works for you I think it would be worth looking into.

The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
sohappyYanxious (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
(female)

sohappyYanxious HB User

I was thinking about trying a homeopathic remedy. A disolvable you put under your tounge. Something that is all natural so there are no negative effects.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:08 AM   #8
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User

I just read in "First" magazine that drinking green tea three times a day (or something like 3x's)
helps with your GABA neurotransmitters that works with calming you...

It's in the Jan 2012 issue

I read it this a.m. at the gym
I found that regular exercise and stretching, (especially my back& chest) help my posture and tension headache issues ....

Do you drive a lot? that gives me tension.
Also, sleeping on my back helped me not wake up with tension headaches as much. (also without a pillow at times)
Hope you are feeling better.

Last edited by LessStress38; 12-23-2011 at 08:16 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to LessStress38:
sohappyYanxious (12-24-2011)
Old 12-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #9
(female)

sohappyYanxious HB User

Thanks for replying. I will definitely try the tea. Slso my boyfriend Does most of the dribing but ill,pick up more exercise and stretching
Greatly appreciate the help. I am so stressed daily and physically exhausted daily from my anxiety. Awful body pains daily

Old 12-24-2011, 05:23 AM   #10
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappyYanxious View Post
Thanks for replying. I will definitely try the tea. Slso my boyfriend Does most of the dribing but ill,pick up more exercise and stretching
Greatly appreciate the help. I am so stressed daily and physically exhausted daily from my anxiety. Awful body pains daily
I have also tried full body massage...
I would have never thought of it ever before I had a tension problem...
the thought of it was kinda of weird to me..BUT I was getting to the point of trying anything for relief...

My suggestion would be to find a local Massage therapy school and see if they have students that give massages for a discount price...
I can get one for 35$ an hour...let them know about your physical symptoms and the teacher will give instruction how to best help you...

Also, be very hydrated that day and before you go(and after), massage can release toxins out of your muscles into your bloodstream and you want to be sure you continue to flush them out with even more water.

Even if you could make the massage appointment for at night, when you have the next day off...you can sleep in
Then the next day you will be a whole new person

The following user gives a hug of support to LessStress38:
sohappyYanxious (12-24-2011)
Old 12-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #11
(female)

sohappyYanxious HB User

Thank you. After the holidays i,really will try to go.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappyYanxious View Post
Thank you. After the holidays i,really will try to go.
I hope you're able to get a massage. I know after I get one I feel much better and very relaxed. I find it easier to have a peaceful and calm mindset after getting a massage.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #13
(female)

Avaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB User

Hi I really can rely on you with this, I also had a sibiling loss and all the time now I think about death all day long and my perspective of live has totally changed. I cant even go outside because thats how real bad anxiety I have and it sucks because I have a daughter and I wish I wasnt this way... I get constant attacks. before I would freak out and want to go to the hospital but now Ive learned how to cope with my anxiety attacks. I know what Im having and how I feel so I just breathe in and relax, I think what you need to do is go see a therapist for help. Its very common what you are feeling. Dont worry you are not crazy and its normal to feel the way you do because of the insident you had.

The following user gives a hug of support to Avaleen G:
sohappyYanxious (01-01-2012)
Closed Thread