It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
(male)

WOtoLow HB UserWOtoLow HB User
Baby is due today and I have Anxiety 24/7

Hi Guys, I haven't posted for a while as I have been feeling great thanks to 10mg of lexapro daily, and a healthy lifestyle. I love my job, love my wife, and generally loved my life. Not a trace of this beast for 8 months. Two Days ago i got home from work and my wife informed me that she was going into labor. It turned out to be a false alarm but ever since then I have slipped right back into unbearable 24/7 anxiety. This regression happened almost immediately. I am now worried I will be a mess in the delivery ward and be of no help when we bring the baby home. I am excited about the baby, but this anxiety makes me think they would be better off without me.

Should i Increase my lexapro for the time being? if so how long will the side effects last if i went from 10 - 15 mg?

I dont understand how i went from perfect to as bad as i have ever been in 24 hours?

Please help please

Old 01-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
(male)

Re: Baby is due today and I have Anxiety 24/7

Please help guys, Im isolated here and need some advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
(female)

Ninzi HB User

The very best advice i can offer to You is to go back to your doctor and discuss increasing your dose, if only for the next few months. after all, you want to enjoy this wonderful time. have a chat with your doctor and see. maybe councelling? It worked wonders for me!
Very best of luck

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-15-2012 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room letters with the proper words as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

The Following User Says Thank You to Ninzi For This Useful Post:
WOtoLow (01-15-2012)
Old 01-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
(male)

Thanks Ninzi, I went to my doctor and he has advised that i increase my dose to 20 mgs. I started last night by going up to 15mgs and my anxiety is through the roof today. I had the same SE when i started so im just going to ride it out. I was just wondering will the SE's last as long as they did when I first started Lex?

Also im going back to talk therapy in a fortnight, i agree it really helps. In Australia we have this perception Men sould just grin and bare it, which is why i find talking to a therapist helpfull.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:11 AM   #5
(female)

Ninzi HB User

Same preception as here so!!

I work in pharmacy, the side effects shouldnt last as long... but you know as well as i do that the more you think about the side effectd... the longer youl have them!!
Chin up, youl do great!!

Old 01-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #6
(male)

Ninzi, I have an Irish passport and next time im over there im going to buy you a beer, thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Anyone who has increased their lex please let me know how it went.

Last edited by WOtoLow; 01-15-2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: edit

Old 01-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #7
(female)

Ninzi HB User

No problem! Il keep an eye on your thread to see how You get on!

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-15-2012 at 04:12 AM.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

Maybe you should ask your doc for a benzo, like xanax or ativan, for the time being, to help aleviate the "extra" anxiety you are feeling from the increase, and the baby coming soon. It would probably help you a lot right now. Just a thought. Take care, Fox

Old 01-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
(male)

Thanks fox. My doctor gave me 15 mg tabs of serax that im breaking in half taking 3 times a day. Im feeling somewhat better today but i feel its because im just accepting the anxiety rather than fighting it and over analyzing it. My doctor also suggested that i should identify the stressors and view them in a positive light. I just want to be a great dad and its hard to see it feeling like this. Thanks to everyone who has replied I truly appreciate it

Old 01-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

Well given the fact that you are soon to be a "daddy", it is a very stressful time. Not in a bad way, by any means. But like you said, you're worried and want to be a good father. That is one thing you have going for you right there! You are actually worried that you won't be "good enough". Alot of men don't think about that at all, they could care less, they just figure the mother will do everything. I think you'll be a great daddy! Don't worry so much, when the baby comes it will all come naturally. As far as the anxiety part affecting how you will do as a father, I have 3 kids and my anxiety never got in the way of me being the best mom I could to my kids. They all know how much I love them, and I showed them that every day. They are now all grown and out of the house, and doing great in their own lives. I'm very proud of every one of them. Don't be so hard on yourself.... Best of luck to you with the baby! Fox

The Following User Says Thank You to Foxxii For This Useful Post:
WOtoLow (01-15-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
(male)

Update: The baby still hasn't come and we are booked in for an induction in a couple of days. My anxiety has got considerably worst, I have panic attacks all day and all that helps in taking a xanax and going to sleep. Sleep is my only relief at this moment. I am also experiencing suicidal thoughts due to this constant anxiety. I get paid monthly and cant afford to see a therapist for another month. I am afraid im going to have a full breakdown and miss the babies birth. Could this just be stress or the lexapro increase?

Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
(female)

Call your doc ASAP! The suicidal thoughts could be coming from the Lexapro. You may not be able to tolerate it. They can probably give you a prescription for something else. DO NOT wait!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 03:07 AM   #13
(male)

Hey foxxi...sorry to freak you out. I have snapped out of it. I think the issue is my Panic attacks are so intense they make me feel like im going crazy. I am also scared of benzo addiction so i dont take the amount i need. After i posted that..I took .5mg of xanax which is about 2 3rds of my daily dose which soon made me feel sane again. I think I just need to take more of the xanax without freaking myself out about addiction. I am sorry if I worried anyone.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 AM   #14
(female)

Ninzi HB User

Good to hear!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #15
(female)

Listen, if you need the xanax, take it! That's what your doc gave it to you for. I take .5 mgs twice a day. I'm supposed to take it 3x's daily, but I don't, only if my anxiety is bad, i'll take a third one, and even then it's only a half of one (.25). Please don't fear the "dreaded" benzo's. They really do help, and I don't know where i'd be without mine! I'll send you a PM with a link about benzos that will make you feel better about taking them. Take care of yourself friend, everything will work out. ((hugs)) Fox

Last edited by Foxxii; 01-19-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Closed Thread