It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
(female)

Avaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB User
Can't shake this feeling, I have a tumor.

I have posted a couple boards of anxiety, but I just can't shake this feeling off my shoulders that I have something medically wrong with me like a brain tumor. I constantly fear I have one & can die from it. It's driving me crazy to think I have this ): I keep begging my mom to take me to the ER to get a catscan done! But she insists, and says it's my anxiety & when she says that I get very irratable because I think I have a brain tumor! This is not okay to have these thoughts! Does anyone else have this same problem? I need some help and comfort.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
(female)

frisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB User
Re: Can't shake this feeling, I have a tumor.

That's not anxiety that is Hypochondriasis. Do you have any reason to think you have a tumor? If not then your a hypochondriac.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User

Hi,

It's VERY common for people with anxiety to think something is wrong with them. I do and it drives me crazy daily. I have also thought I had a brain tumor at one time - years ago. It must be benign because I am still alive.

Sometimes you just have to see the humorous side of it and it helps to bring down the level of worry that something is wrong. I have had a heart attack, cancer and a tumor all in one day before!

It's a vicious circle, but you will come to a point sometime where you can handle it better and learn to laugh and deal with it.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
(male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User

What makes you think that you have a brain tumor?
There must be an initiating event that caused this.

Current medication: Paxil 40mg, Mirtazapin 20mg

Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
(male)

MichaelZ HB User

You are not alone, I have had anxiety my whole life, one day I had a panic attack so bad I went to the ER, I was so scared I was crying, ever since then I have having been obsessing over every little symptom i get in my body. I thought that I had skin cancer, lung cancer, heart disease, brain tumor, other tumors, kidney disease, ALS disease, MS, Carpal tunnel, cancerous moles. i couldn't possibly have all of these diseases right? It's every single day that I worry about this, i have developed this fear of death that i can't get rid of, I go insane! Anxiety disorders suck, I know this. It can play evil tricks on you, make you think that there is something wrong with you when there really isn't.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
(female)

Avaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB User

Micheal, I really feel you. I also have this fear of death too & I can't seem to be living in peace because that is all that is in my head! I think about how I will look and just things like that it's sad.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
(male)

MichaelZ HB User

It's a terrible sickness, i can't take it any longer, the only thing that really helps me is getting on these threads and finding people that are having the same problems as me because my family and friends don't understand it at all, they tell me that I'm FINE but I don't feel fine at all. Just keep your head up, listen to some music, and drink water, don't smoke, and eat right, I started doing all of this and it's been giving me a lot more energy and keeping my mind off of it.

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-27-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #8
(female)

momto3crazies HB User

Yeah, you're not alone. I'm stuck on the I have melanoma phase right now. Although my GP has checked my moles, it's not good enough for me so I am making an appt with a derm. However, I am absolutely terrified and convinced she is going to tell me I have terminal melanoma and i am going to leave my three kids without a mother. It sends me into a complete panic. When I'm not worrying about that, I wil find something else to worry about like a pain in my arm means breast cancer, a pain in my calf must mean a blood clot. Am I over the top here? Hoping and praying I don't have to wait too long to see the derm even though I am scared beyond belief to go... but i need to either know or not know and move onto something else... I hate this battle!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

Hi Avalen. The best thing I've done for my anxiety is journaling. I SCREAM when I write at times. I let go with every single thought I have and I mean EVERY thought that goes through my mind. It has helped me so much to get my shakiness/scaredness/freakout out of my mind and placed elsewhere.

I take Xanax which is a help also.

If you think you have a brain tumor then write WHY you think you have a tumor. You will be mad at yourself once you find you don't have a tumor...just look at all that time wasted on something that never was

Put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it every time you have the thought of tumor..you will forget all about it.

~Belle~

Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
(female)

frisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelZ View Post
It's a terrible sickness, i can't take it any longer, the only thing that really helps me is getting on these threads and finding people that are having the same problems as me because my family and friends don't understand it at all, they tell me that I'm FINE but I don't feel fine at all. Just keep your head up, listen to some music, and drink water, don't smoke, and eat right, I started doing all of this and it's been giving me a lot more energy and keeping my mind off of it.
You really need to seek therapy for somatoform disorders. CBT and medicine such as SSRI help with somatoform disorders. Do research about somatoform disorders and hypochondriasis. If you really want relief get help.

Closed Thread