It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

ebeatle HB User
Anxiety is Runining my Happiness in my Relationship

Hello,

I suffer from extreme anxiety and have ever since i was a child. I have a very large imagination and can pretty well talk myself into anything haha! However, it has started to ruin my relationship too. I'm so glad to know many of you are all feeling the same way and knowing you're not alone is the first step towards feeling better about yourself. Medicine is helping me a lot but there are times where i do slip back every once in a while and when i do, i second guess my relationship hardcore. The one thing that sets be back is when i freak out about his age. He's 19 and i'm 24... 5 years difference. When i'm feeling happy, i don't feel this is an issue because he's so mature for his age and is incredibly supportive. When i'm upset and in a funk, i just start hating his age and i become more insecure about it. He's a really silly person and is always so cheerful and happy and loves to be silly and fun. But when i'm upset, i relate this to his age more and more and it frustrates me and makes me so upset too. This medicine is making it a lot better (i'm on Cipralex 10mg) but i do slip back. Last week was a good week and i was so in love and this week i'm the opposite. I question my love for him and that scares me. I truly feel it's my insecurity with his age but what the truth really is, is that he doesn't always act his age. when i'm happy, he's 30 years old haha! I notice how he sees the world in a very mature way, how caring he is for me, how sexy he is, how beautiful of a person he is, how sensitive and nurturing he is towards me. He's incredible and truly one of a kind. He's the person i've been looking for my whole life. Why does anxiety ruin this??? It hurts so much that i feel totally opposite the next week... I speak to a counselor and she's wonderful for me and i'e made progress. I just need to understand this and find better ways to pull myself out the funk when i'm in it. I'd love to hear your stories! Please, if there is anyone out there, tell me how you cope. Am i crazy? Am i doing the right thing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Anxiety is Runining my Happiness in my Relationship

Hello ebeatle.

I don't think you're crazy. It sounds like you're already doing the right thing by taking medication and talking to a counselor about your anxiety. My one suggestion is to be patient with yourself. You acknowledge you're making progress which I think is very important. I think though it's going to take some time to fully understand and control your anxiety as you've been suffering from anxiety since childhood.

Besides therapy and medication, I write out my feelings or read books on how to positively change my mindset.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

How long have you been on the cipralex? If you've been on it a good while, maybe you just need to increase the dosage. If you haven't been on it for that long, give it time to work.

You're not crazy, these are just emotions that every one of us who has anxiety go through, but more so than someone who does not suffer with this disorder.

Talk to your doc and see if maybe you do need to increase your dosage... Fox

Old 01-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
(female)

chikita HB User

I dont suffer from anxiety but Im in a relationship with someone that suffers anxiety/depression and yes its affecting my relationship really bad,I really love my boyfriend its been 5 months already but he goes throu so much that I myself going crazy he shows me love once in awhile but most of the time he shows no affection no emotions towards me I been very patient but I feel his coldness is pushing me away, he takes zanax so I dont know if its that? But I tell u my story because your going throu all this but its the opposite Im a little older than my guy Im outgoing, cheerful but ny boyfriend is not, so my opinion is if he's good to you and makes you happy give yourself a chance! and dont let your opportunity go but be honest to him and let him know how you feel sometimes , thats what I tell mine bf to comunicate even if he doesnt feel love fir me at times.

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, boyfriend troubles, fear, relationships, saddness