It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
(female)

milly molly HB Usermilly molly HB User
feeling no better

Hello again, here I am again asking for advice. The doctors said it was all anxiety, I had the sweating ,dizziness,tight mouth,you name I had it. Now I can,t seem to stop the internal shaking and trembling, It,s gone worse when I get in conversation even on the phone. I still keep thinking I have a condition and the docs have missed it.I am now on antidepressants, I said I would give them a try as I,m desperate to feel normal again. Also it,s like I have a heavy weight on my shoulders.all my body aches ,my neck,leg joints crack and hurt.Still have all the other symtoms. Anyone else experiencing this and also does it seem to never go away.Thanks for reading my message and I,m grateful for advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: feeling no better

Hello milly molly.

Have you tried any anti-anxiety medication to see if that helps? I'm taking Buspar and I think it has helped me a lot. Also, have you gotten a massage to see if that helps relieve your body aches? I find getting a massage can really make a difference with eliminating the tension in my body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2012, 03:46 AM   #3
(female)

momto3crazies HB User

OH Milly Molly, your post is so sad! You are having MAJOR panic attacks! I too am on an antidepressant, zoloft, although it's to help with anxiety I guess. In addition though, I was given Ativan for the instances, like you are describing when I was literally out of control shaking, shivering, whole body hurt etc. It's a panic attack, you need to get some sort of medicine to get you through these instances. Xanax I hear is a good one too. I think when you start taking anti depressants, the anxiety intensifies originally, at least it definitely did for me so I got many more panic attacks in the beginning (i've only been on it two weeks and I am finally feeling relief). Please please call your doctor and let them know you are having panic attacks and if you have to, ask for Ativan or Xanax. They both work fairly quickly and will allow you to relax and get out of the panic attack. I've been there, actually just last week I had a really bad one in the middle of the night... it's horrible but I took an Ativan and within 30 minutes I was sleeping again. I haven't taken Ativan in two days because I think the zoloft might be starting to take effect and Ativan is highly addictive but it was there when I needed it. Good luck!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
(male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User

It sounds very much like anxiety to me. Antidepressants need some time to kick in. So you won't feel relief but until the third week. Try to avoid any type of stress that is not necessary at the moment. Do ordinary things, but don't do things that are too stressy. Also in your free time try to find small things that make you happy, maybe try something new that distracts your attention from your symptoms. It takes time to get through this, but you will make it. Many of us were where you are now and we still live. Have faith!

Current medication: Paxil 40mg, Mirtazapin 20mg

Old 02-03-2012, 03:03 AM   #5
(female)

Thanks for replying I am desperate for advice, I am on antidepressants almost a month, seem worse but still taking them.My syptoms are daily and never seem to go away, Never been like this before and it,s hard to believe it,s anxiety.Where your symtoms the same. xx

Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 AM   #6
(female)

Thanks for advice ,my symtoms seem 24/7 and I,m scared they will never go away.Was you like that.The dizziness and the dreamlike feeling is the worst.Shaking and inner tremor are terrible.On antidepressants but not worked yet,been on them a month.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #7
(female)

Thanks for the advice, will try anything.what was your symtoms? Looking forward from hearing from you again,it,s a grreat help

Old 02-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
(male)

rvnic HB User

Hi Milly,

I saw your post and wanted to reply because I have been, and still am to a degree, in the same place as you. I have severe anxiety related to my health. When something health related comes up and I don't know what it is, I fly off into anxiety and panic that has literally lasted months.

This first happened to me at the age of 27 and got so bad that I literally couldn't sleep for a month or so. I mean, I would doze off for maybe a half hour to an hour once in awhile. I would go entire weeks with only a few hours of sleep. For me, I was convinced I had a heart problem and I was going to die at any moment. I saw a bunch of doctors and had every test possible, all of which came up normal yet I was 100% convinced in my head that they were missing something. Here I am 9 years later and I'm still here so, the fact is, they didn't miss anything. I was just in an irrational state of panic.

I have had several other episodes about various things over the years. I've been convinced I've had all kinds of cancer, ALS, MS, etc.... I am currently struggling with some stomach problems that I have been having. I was convinced I had stomach cancer or pancreatic cancer. I've had every test available (endoscopy, abdominal ultrasound, abdominal CAT scan, blood tests). All normal.

The thing about anxiety is that symptoms will manifest themselves based on whatever it is that you are obsessing on. When I was sure I had heart problems, I was experiencing massive chest pains, pains in my left arm, sweating, shortness of breath. I went to the ER several times and everything was normal. Several years back, I was convinced I had a brain tumor and I started getting awful headaches. Right now, I am having persistant nausea and loss of appetite because I'm so focused on my stomach.

Reading your symptoms, it sounds like an anxiety/panic issue. I have experienced that "dreamlike" feeling before where everything seems surreal. If you have been to doctors and they have run tests, you have to trust that they know what they are talking about. Doctors see thousands of people every year. They know what serious illnesses look like. They can tell. I know it is hard to convince yourself to listen to them, but you have to.

For me, what has really worked in the past is Klonopin (same family as Valium). These drugs sometimes get a bad rap because they can be addictive. But, as my doctor told me, the key is that you have to find some way to break the cycle of constant anxiety and panic. When you do that, your mind gets a break and has a chance to look at things from a logical perspective. Certain types of therapy are also supposed to be good for this too. Whatever the case, I would definitely recommend that you see a psychiatrist to get you going on the right path. Good luck and feel better.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
(male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User

Yes, I had (sometimes still have) similar symptoms. It is difficult when you are so nervous that you can't think straight. Every little thought is so hard to make and you feel like you are not thinking at all. This is however absolutely normal and caused by you paying too much attention to the feelings you have, thus you can't concentrate on anything else.
The key is to not to add additional feelings by fearing them. It is the most difficult task for someone suffering from nervous illness, but it is a necessary step to take. The sedatives and antidepressants will make you more calm, but you have to get rid ot the fear yourself and realize that it's your fear causing the symptoms and that they will gradually go away if you work towards it. You don't feel any better taking the antidepressants? Maybe the doseage is too low, I can't tell, since I am not a doctor, but I remember taking a rather high amount of pills when I first had to deal with my anxiety. Now I am on a rather low one, but still have anxiety daily and try to handle it on my own rather than taking the releaving pill, which would be the easy way out, but it is no solution for the long run.
I would like to suggest the book "Hope and help for your nerves". It's quick read and a very interesting one. I think it will help you to understand your situation and to deal with it even better.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #10
(female)

Oh thanks for your reply,I,ve read it over and over,Yes I have had more test than I can remember. The only test which came back with a problem was that I have an inner ear problem 50% different in balance to the other ear, This causes dizziness I coped well with that. At times it frightens me because I get all mixed up, but after reading your reply I think it,s because my condition is constantly on my mind ,I think of nothing else.I will try to think positive and hopefully it will gradually get better.It,s hard because the symtoms are so real.I go back to the doctors on Monday I will let you know how I get on.Many many thanks your reply is very encouraging.I have no one to relate to and ask questions so you have been a great help.Hope to hear from you again. Oh just one more question did you shake inside allover,eg,arms legs mouth stomach even my butt.ha ha

Old 02-04-2012, 02:04 AM   #11
(female)

Thanks for your reply,I can,t begin to tell you how helpful it as been.It,s hard to believe when the symptoms are so real.Ithink I have had everyhing wrong with me,but all tests come back fine. Its the terrible inner shaking that,s the worst and the dizziness.I have taken everything on board what you have told me and I will try my best to overcome these feelings.Hope to hear from you again if you have any more tips, they are very encouraging. A BIG THANKS

Old 02-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
(male)

I can remember having the inner shaking as well. This was giving me a feeling that my legs are so weak that they could hardly carry me along. However I learned to realise that the shaking was part of my nervousness and it was simply the nerves that were "playing tricks" on me. There is one more advice that I would like to give you that might help you focus on something else than your feelings.

Lay down and start relaxation music<edit>. Then try to clear your mind and do not think about anything. You will notice that it is very hard. Every now and then thoughts will cross your mind, but let them go and slowly forget about them. Don't try to hard, because that is not the way you will succeed at this. Each time you will find that the periods where your mind is free will get longer and longer. It will allow you to get a clear mind and think about certain things more easily. It does also relax and help your nerves recover.

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-04-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Removed banned word. If a word shows up like this *** in your post, use of that word is banned on this website. Ms_Mod

Old 02-05-2012, 02:26 AM   #13
(female)

Many thanks you have been extremly helpful. The first thing I do when I get up is to see if you have any more advice to share with me.I truly think at times i,m going mad.I have just purchased a relaxing dvd so I will let you know how I go on.I can honestly say my symtoms are very similar to yourself and I guess your over the worst I hope. Your advice as been super and I hope I have a light at the end of the tunnel. Although today I feel like my head is full of air and doesn,t belong to me.Daily I have a new symtom like numbness in different parts of my body.Thanks for any input on this

The following user gives a hug of support to milly molly:
d0ink (02-05-2012)
Old 02-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #14
(male)

Today was not such a great day for me either. I felt very irritable and had huge mood swings reaching from everything is fine to I don't want to do anything. It was difficult to handle, but I think I did alright. The most unpleasent thing about it is the feelings that accompany these periods. I used to tell myself that it will pass if I let it and don't hold onto it. So I am not stable yet, but I hope to become so in the next months. It would be good to hear from you too, so we can share what we experience. Best of luck.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
(male)

rvnic HB User

Hi Milly. Hope you are doing better. Yes I have experienced that internal shaking. I have had about every symptom in the book. Pains, weakness, shaking, nausea. Yes it is amazing how incredibly real all the symptoms are. The important thing is to get this stuff checked by doctors to ensure that it isn't something serious. Once they confirm that you are fine, you have to accept it. That is the most difficult part, but you have to find a way. You have to learn to focus on things outside of your body and stop obsessing on internal sensations. Hardest thing in the world for people like us to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to rvnic For This Useful Post:
d0ink (02-05-2012)
Closed Thread