It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
(male)

dt1987 HB User
Horrible mental withdrawals from Celexa, somebody please help

Quit Celexa with a small tapering off (2 weeks) abotu 3 months ago. No physical side effects, but the mental ones are horrendous. I am anxious and depressed and no motivation to do anything and nothing makes me happy anymore. I have been on and off SSRI's since I was 17 (now 24) because I had OCD. Now I am stuck in this hell inside my head because whenever I go off an SSRI, the withdrawal symptoms make me feel like this. I always turn back to the medication when it gets bad, but I am done with them and need to get straightened out in my head. I want to be able to function without a pill that can potentially one day lead to greater mental health risks. The anxiety and depression has caused trouble in my relationships, at work, and at school. Please somebody help me, I can't take this anymore.

Will it go away? Is my brain permanately messed up? Has anyone had a similar experience? Please someone help me with any advice or stories about similar experiences or anything you know. I need help with this

Old 02-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
(female)

momto3crazies HB User
Re: Horrible mental withdrawals from Celexa, somebody please help

DT, I am sorry I don't have an answer, I am taking an SSRI for the first time ever and just got on it two weeks ago. Have you seen a therapist at all? That might be the next step for you to try to overcome whatever is going on in your head. Have you told your doctor about these mental experiences? Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
(male)

livingwell440 HB User

I had horrible symptoms cominng off benzos and years later an AD - these are hideous drugs to stop

Old 02-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
(female)

momto3crazies HB User

Whole living, are benzos like Ativan/Xanax?? I was given Ativan and in 2 weeks only took about 5 because I know they are addictive. What is AD?

Old 02-02-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
(male)

livingwell440 HB User

yes they are - an AD is an antidepressant

Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
(male)

dt1987 HB User

I'm actually starting with a therapist Saturday. Hopefully she can get to the root of my initials problems and help me through the adjustment of living without ssri's. The doctors I've been to just want to put me back on medication. And its almost impossible to get a therapy session scheduled through Kaiser. So I'm going through a private therapist.

And thank you for your responses. Any and every bit of advice, support, or even someone to talk to makes it easier.

Staying active, being around people I love, eating right, and herbal supplements/vitamins seem to make me feel better as well.

Here's to taking it one day at a time!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
(female)

momto3crazies HB User

Good luck! I truly hope the therapist can help! I totally agree that working out makes things that much easier, I feel better for sure when I get some exercise in! I also agree that just talking about it on here and knowing you are not crazy or alone are invaluable. Good luck!

Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
(male)

dt1987 HB User

Thanks so much! That means a lot I'll post an update about how it goes so that people can know there is hope!

Closed Thread