It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

smillie7803 HB User
Off Mirtazapine now Pristiq-Side effects?

Hi, I was recently on Mirtazapine (remeron) for anxiety and slight depression, which worked so well for me but I gained 30lbs in a few short months, so I stopped taking it. I was now given Pristiq to begin taking tonight. I was wondering if anyone can tell me their experience with Pristiq and the side effects. I am a 33 yr old female 5'9 174lbs (if that helps lol). The only other health issue that I am aware of is IBS/constipation. Thanks in advance

Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
(female)

cook53 HB User
Re: Off Mirtazapine now Pristiq-Side effects?

Hello,
Sorry to hear about your experience with Remeron. I was new to this drug. In the past the doctors had used Zoloft...but I had quite a few side effects this third time around and the pschy. put me on Remeron. It has been wonderful...but my weight is creeping up. Since starting it in December, I have gained about 15lbs. While that does not make me happy...the fact that I have very few side effects with it. Is the weight gain the only reason for your changing. I know nothing about Pristq. Just curious your take on Remeron?? I posted on the board and no one ever answered so I thought Remeron must be an elusive drug-glad to hear it is still used by others. Good luck with your search for a new drug...I get even more anxious with experimenting I am the type to read the inserts and have all the side effects! You have my prayers for an easy transition.
Janet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
(female)

smillie7803 HB User

Thanks for your prayer and concern Janet!! Yes I thought that the Remeron was GREAT!! However, the quick weight gain was a problem and along with that came higher blood pressure but I really liked the medication and I would recommend it to anyone. It gave me a little anxiety before bed for the first 2 weeks but after that I had no problem with it (except for the weight gain). While doing my research on Remeron, I found that the number one complaint was weight gain but other than that it seemed to be making a lot of people's lives much better. If you have any more questions feel free to ask Good luck! <3

Old 02-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB Usercuddles1 HB User

I took pristqi for a while. I stoped because weight gain. Just remember everyone is different.

Closed Thread