It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

Kilatre HB User
I have a feeling that I am going to die

Since I was a id, I never thought that I would live to be an "old" woman. Lately, within the past few weeks, I have had a sickening feeling that I am going to die. When I wae up in the morning I am somewhat relieved that I woe up. Then I am bac to the feeling that I am going to die. I don't now why I am feeling this way. I am scared. Has anyone experienced this or now anyone who has? Please help me.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kilatre:
AlexandraS (02-12-2012)
Old 02-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
(female)

AlexandraS HB UserAlexandraS HB UserAlexandraS HB User
Re: I have a feeling that I am going to die

I'm going threw it now also. Ugly feeling I can't shake off..

The following user gives a hug of support to AlexandraS:
Kilatre (02-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

It could be Anxiety or possibly an underlying health problem.
Don't suffer when there is help out there for you, see your Dr that's what he/she is there for.
All the best,
Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
Kilatre (02-12-2012)
Old 02-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
(female)

klkane HB User

Often in realizing someones own mortality comes anxiety. It sounds like it to me, I know it is a hard thing to deal with, but it can be successfully treated with meds, therapies, self help and support. Go to your doctor to rule out any underlying causes. get some blood tests, check for Vitamin B LEVELS, blood counts etc....I know when you get older vit b depleats especially if you do not eat alot of it in your nutritional diet. Stress often brings on anxiety, it can run 5 generations deep! Plus you mention you never thought you would live to an old lady, that sounds like maybe you have worry problems throughout your life and trust me if these are not resolved stree/anxiety it will creep up on you at any age. It can be compared to a toothache.. it might hurt for awhile, then pass, then hurt then pass with some pain killers, then it becomes a full blown root canal. Please see your doctor and keep us informed! Good luck! there is always support here!

Old 07-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #5
(female)

kittystar HB User

me too! I have been scared of reaching the age of 35, i have a few places to travel and now i don't want to go on a plane at 34,35,36...because i don't know if 34 means my 35th year of death or at 35 and 36 to be on the safe side...but i know it sounds weird, but i really don't want to die at 35 nor do i have the time for that! I think its still young and i want to live to an old age! I would be upset if i died before my parents! Anyways 35 is comming up pretty soon in a few years...and im starting to get freaked out! I havent planned anything!

I dont know why 35 feels like a unknown year for me...like i feel something is going to happen...maybe i'll just hide out that year...only go to work and stay home and be very careful when out, and watch out for everything....after 35 i'm safe! Are you still alive do you feel okay?

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-18-2012 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Removed banned word. If a word shows up like this *** in your post, use of that word is not permitted on this website. Ms_Mod

Old 07-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
(female)

warsop87 HB User
Thumbs down Re: I have a feeling that I am going to die

I feel that way as well and it is the worst feeling ever! I hate the fact that I feel this way and I am only 25! I have a three year old daughter but in 2006 my 7month old daughter passed away. My anxiety started in 2011 and it keeps getting worse! I am on Celexa 20mg and Adderall XR 5mg for my school, which I think isnt helping with the anxiety... Ugh I feel like there are things wrong with me every day and I am always in the ER getting bw, chest xrays, and EKGs. NEVER ENDS!

Old 07-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User

That is a fear that I have as well. I am a hypochondriac. If I get a sore throat, I fear that I have throat cancer etc...It's neverending. I try to relax with deep breathing and positive thinking. I am on anxiety medication which helps some. Take care and try to stay positive!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
(female)

DisaRakel HB User

I have currently been diagnosed with anxiety disorder and this is the main thought that is on my mind. I always have this feeling as well. I always fear/feel like my breathing is going to stop and im just going to drop dead. I always feel so stupid thinking this and i know i am wasting my life worrying about this. I've just gotten to the point where I know I need help and I am currently seeking different therapy options to help with this issue in my life right now. This thought is pretty much all i think/worry about anymore and I just can't live that way anymore.

The following user gives a hug of support to DisaRakel:
mommaoftwinsplus1 (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #9
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User

okay let me tell you that when i was young i would think about being 30 and i always saw myself in a coffin. i was convinced i was never going to make it.

well here i am at 41. i think sometimes we can't see ourselves being older or old period. so we think we won't even exist. but time passes and we just do. don't get scared that you will die soon. it is fear of mortality, but as hard as it is to follow (and much easier to say), we have to live every day that we have trying as hard as we can to be as happy as possible. by the time you are old and gray, you won't be afraid of death anymore.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #10
(female)

hebbtide HB User

I am going through the same thing and I think it is related to anxiety. I had several traumatic life events happen one after the other and blamed it on that. I had a hysterectomy and did not take the HRT partly because of the controversy but mostly because I was too anxious to leave the house. I spend most of my time downstairs, away from my family, because I cannot tolerate any stimuli, including just someone talking to me! I felt the anxiety would pass because I thought it was due to all fo the trauma I had gone though. It hasn't. I cannot leave the house without overwhelming fear unless with one of my family. I take Klonopin and find that if i take it when I'm very anxious it doen't make me sleepy. If you take it at bedtime it will help with sleep and be in your systmem without making you sleepy during day. Man at healthfood store said anxiety caused by estrogen dominance so using natural progest. cr. This has helped by use sparingly. I cannot work and am worried that I won't get SSDI although I also have chronic back pain/scoleosis. I wish you luck but don't feel alone because very common. never knew anxiety is very common during menopause & so is isolating to house because of fear of going out. Please feel free to talk to me. I do understand and hope this has hellped you.

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-15-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room language with the proper words as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
(male)

Greenhound HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilatre View Post
Since I was a id, I never thought that I would live to be an "old" woman. Lately, within the past few weeks, I have had a sickening feeling that I am going to die. When I wae up in the morning I am somewhat relieved that I woe up. Then I am bac to the feeling that I am going to die. I don't now why I am feeling this way. I am scared. Has anyone experienced this or now anyone who has? Please help me.
Been feeling this way for the past 3 months. I'm not dead yet. It's in your head.

Also, coming to terms with what death means is a good idea.

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

"“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” - Jimi Hendrix

I eventually got bored of worrying. I'd literally worn it out, and I didn't even care anymore. I found myself telling myself that I wouldn't even be able to give a **** if I died.

What happens after? It's not ours to know. And anybody who thinks they know are ignorant.

Imagine if you died and woke up in a real afterlife. You'd feel great. You'd never have to fear death again.

Or, imagine if you died and there was just no more you. You wouldn't care. Because you'd be dead.

It's win win.

Just enjoy life while it lasts.

Last edited by Greenhound; 09-21-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Closed Thread