It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
(male)

Infocraver HB User
Anything better than Buspar for Anxiety

I have read much about the effectiveness of Buspar for people with mild to moderate anxiety and it sounds like Buspar is a top choice but most of the posts are pretty old.

Are there any other drugs that top buspar now?

Thanks.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
(male)

VeryWired HB User
Re: Anything better than Buspar for Anxiety

In my opinion, just about any SSRI antidepressant will work better for anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
(male)

Infocraver HB User

But isn't BuSpar most practical since it has the least amount of side effects? It's also non addictive. Sounds like a win win situation to me

Old 02-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
(male)

VeryWired HB User

Give it a try. I've tried them both a few times and an SSRI has always worked better for me in the long run than Buspar has. All drugs have the potential to be addictive whether it's physically or mentally or both.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infocraver View Post
But isn't BuSpar most practical since it has the least amount of side effects? It's also non addictive. Sounds like a win win situation to me
I'm currently taking Buspar. It's been effective for me and I haven't experienced any side-effects from it so I'm happy about that.

I'm curious as to what kind of information you're asking for. Are you considering whether to take Buspar or try a different anti-anxiety medication? Or have you already tried Buspar and it hasn't worked for you like it has with others?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #6
(female)

Tenngal HB User

buspar made me worse. My hands started trembling and I had to stop taking it. Try some xanax short term while trying to find a long term drug.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
(male)

spiraldown HB User

That was the first drug my doc put me on, felt nothing. Know I am on xanax and that will calm the heck you down. But very adictive and dangerous. He told me its the second most abused drug in the U.S. If buspar is not working tell your doctor thats what you pay them for.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #8
(female)

bella voce HB User

Buspar won't work for me, but I can't remember why. There is quite a long list of anti-anxiety drugs, and from what my doctors have told me, a lot of it just depends on your body chemistry and what works for you. Effexor has been great for me, while I know other posters have said it didn't work for them.

From about 10 years of anxiety meds, sometimes I think there just isn't any way around (for some of us) having to try a few before we find the right one. I knew of someone who had several family members on Buspar and they were all insisting it should work for her, but it didn't. Paxil worked for me for about two years, then when I had to switch to something else, it was a living nightmare.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
(female)

Typicalstar HB User

Infocraver, what dosage of Buspar are you on? I am currently on Buspar and the doc tried to switch me to Celexa and I had terrible side effects. I take 30 mg of the Buspar a day and it helps but it doesn't. At one point we tried 40 but the side effects (dizzyness) would last all day. My doctor told me its non addictive and is one of the safer drugs.

Closed Thread