It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lilnewk HB User
can anxiety symptoms come out of nowhere? need answers please

i am a 20 year old female. my question is can anxiety symptoms come up out of nowhere and can a physical thing you do trigger it? i am asking because almost three months ago while forcefully dry heaving i became very spaced out. i thought i hurt something in my neck, head or brain but iv done everything to rule that out. cat scan, spinal tap, blood work, tried to get a mri but they wont do i. iv tried supplements and vitimins and acupuncture. so now im kind of stuck with the idea of it being anxiety. i dont see how but i guess i will leave it open for people to help me and answer my questions. my other symptoms are headaches and tiredness. the spaced out/drunk feeling it the worst though. it is 24/7 all the time (along with the other symptoms). basically ruining my life. so i would really appreciate any ideas that you might have. thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
(male)

db851 HB Userdb851 HB Userdb851 HB User
Re: can anxiety symptoms come out of nowhere? need answers please

Mine came out of nowhere. I have no known triggers or anything. I've tried to sort that out by talking to a professional, but nothing. Good job, good life, etc. As for the physical part, I can't answer that one. If everything checks out, then I'd venture to say that yours came about just like mine...out of the clear blue, and for no good reason. Anyway, mine started six years ago. I went a few rounds with Lexapro with some decent success, but am able to pretty much control them and lead a productive life now without any help. Yes, I still feel symptoms, sometimes daily, but at least I'm not dialing 9-1-1 everyday like I was when anxiety first took hold. Hope you can do the same.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

I don't think Anxiety just comes from NOWHERE. I think were just not paying attention to the signs until the signs begin to break us. Trust me it feels like it came from nowhere. The reason you weren't given an MRI is because the CT showed clear. Had your CT scan shown anything then they would've run the MRI. I can only suggest 2 things. One would be a Pain Management Doctor. To me it sorta sounds like you have a pinched nerve or a muscle inflammed causing pressure on the nerve. That would cause your headaches & even that spaced out feeling. The other would be is to seek a Phychiatrist, if you are suffering from Anxiety they can help. Better yet it may be something totally different, requiring a different diagnosis.

Make that 3. Please let us know how your doing. This is a great place for help & support.

Good Luck

Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

lilnewk HB User

how can they see if you have a pinched nerve? and who would i go to for that? iv had like everything done. could the heaving caused the anxiety symptoms? i just do not no what else it could be. the symptoms are horrible and its messing with my life.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

I don't believe the heaving caused it. The anxiety may have helped induce the heaving. See a doctor, even your Primary dr can help and make recommendations. It took me a long time before I started really utilizing my dr, now I don't cut them any slack. Also, try to figure out what are triggering the attacks. The sooner you figure that out the easier you can manage them. Some of mine are simple but play a major part in how I conduct my life. One real simple one is how I place my bed in a room. Only the head of the bed will be at a wall & only with pillows between my head and wall, I have 6 pillows on my bed. Riding in a vehicle with someone else, I can't do it, I really freak out. Closed room, including the Dr office. Truthfully the more I learned about myself the easier I have been able to control the attacks. So get you a journal and try to write in it everyday to learn what might be making it hard for you. Always reread what you've written at a later date to help you understand. Good Luck. Please go to a Dr, it will help you.

Closed Thread