It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #16
(male)

bay7000 HB User
Re: Chest tightness, constricted breathing, strong pounding palpitations day to night

mojo,

do you take blood pressure meds? maybe that is why you have some joint pains. when i tried the meds, i had severe hip joint pain/around my glutes and hip area, it was painful to sleep and sit down.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #17
(male)

Mojo37 HB UserMojo37 HB UserMojo37 HB User
Re: Chest tightness, constricted breathing, strong pounding palpitations day to night

bay7000

I do take Toprol 50mg. I was taking 25 but it wasn't helping much and the doctor told me to increase it to 50. Those pills help me a little bit with my tachycardia but they don't help me at all with my palpitations or the chest pains. I think they actually are making me feel a little sick but I am not sure since I have so many crazy, severe symptoms going on at the same time. I feel like I am dying. I am so tire of this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #18
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay7000 View Post
ScaredOne620:
two doctors say im okay. it just feels like there is something inside not functioning correctly. im going to try a few more tests as ive only done the basics. yea, i agree that distracting the mind helps a bit. but sometimes i just feel so tired and fatigue throughout the day that it brings me back to my symptoms. not being able to get a good nights sleep doesn't help either.

d0ink:
i can feel the tightness near my sternum lower chest area, and middle of the chest. its under the skin. when i exhale, it doesnt expand all the way. something inside isnt relaxing all the way.
it doesn't disappear when i distract myself, not thinking or distracting my mind away helps a bit though. some of my back muscles are starting to tense up a bit, im just trying not to worry about it to much.

i will try to say that every morning, not sure if it will help or not, but its worth a shot.

Mojo37:
i feel your pain. seems like you are going through a helluva time. im also stressing out over some job hunting and dealing with the health issues makes things all the worse. just hang in there. are you taking any meds/supplements to help with the symptoms?

im going to continue taking some more tests and see what the doctor says, hopefully they will find something. just got to stay positive and be hopeful that things will get better. all the best.

some1inNEED:
thanks for the post. im trying to force myself to get into exercising even if i feel weak. running is tough though because i get easily winded.
i know that listening to some relaxing music helps. or thinking that what i have is nothing compared to what other people suffer through in the world.
look up costochondritis on the web.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
(male)

bay7000 HB User

boobootwo -
i asked cardiologist if i had costochondritis he said, if my chest was sore to the touch or inflammed, then i would have it. but he told me i didnt have it.

mojo37 - how are you doing? are your palps, tachy, and other ailments improving?

i think ive come to the point where im just going to move forward with life right now and not think to much about my symptoms. ive done all i can with the tests and stuff, and ive seen chiropractors..

the chiropractor guy i met up with said my heart was fine and to just ignore my heart/symptoms...so thats what i will try to do from now on so i can move forward. i have a friend who has a deaf right ear, and my friend's wife who has a rare stomach cancer...there's many people out there who have it worse.. i guess all we can do right now is to keep fighting to live. i know that keeping busy, and distracting the mind helps a lot for me.

let me know how you are.

Last edited by bay7000; 04-12-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #20
(male)

bay 7000,

I still have palpitations that are driving me crazy. I move, I get palpitations, I cough and I also get them really bad. My dr. said that my heart if fine even though I don't feel that way. I started taking magnesium supplements a few days ago and I think they are helping me a little bit.

All my other symptoms improve for a couple of days and then they come back for a couple of weeks. I try to ignore them as much as I can but I am seeing a neurologist now that wants to run all kinds of test on me because he thinks that I have Lyme or I am stuck with some type of virus that just won't let go.

Like you said, staying busy helps a lot. I have two kids (boys) that keep me going everyday and I always try to do some type of outdoors activity with them even if I am feeling very sick. I guess that is all we can do since the doctors can't find anything wrong with us. My new doctor will probably refer me to Mayo if he can't find what is causing my problems. Keep your head up brother and stay active like you've been doing. Try some of that magnesium. It is helping me out some.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #21
(male)

I forgot, I also started taking vitamin D3 which helps with my joint and muscle pains.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #22
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User

bay....yes...i agree that a lot of your symptoms are anxiety. but...look up costochondritis on the web. not sure of the spelling but it should still come up. you mentioned that you work out and costo can also be caused by a blow to the chest at some point in your life. and...want to lower that blood pressure fast? eat oatmeal with raisins every morning. let me know if this information was any help to you.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-12-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Removed long quote. Ms_Mod

Old 04-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #23
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay7000 View Post
boobootwo -
i asked cardiologist if i had costochondritis he said, if my chest was sore to the touch or inflammed, then i would have it. but he told me i didnt have it.

mojo37 - how are you doing? are your palps, tachy, and other ailments improving?

i think ive come to the point where im just going to move forward with life right now and not think to much about my symptoms. ive done all i can with the tests and stuff, and ive seen chiropractors..

the chiropractor guy i met up with said my heart was fine and to just ignore my heart/symptoms...so thats what i will try to do from now on so i can move forward. i have a friend who has a deaf right ear, and my friend's wife who has a rare stomach cancer...there's many people out there who have it worse.. i guess all we can do right now is to keep fighting to live. i know that keeping busy, and distracting the mind helps a lot for me.

let me know how you are.
a cardiologist wouldn't know anything about costo. it's the tissue that supports the breast bone to the sternum. i started getting it quite a few years ago, just due to my chronic coughing. i had it so bad on xmas day that i thought i was having a massive heart attack, but since i was with family....i thougth...oh well...if i die at least i won't be alone...lol. inflammation in the chest area can only show up with an ultrasound. i think you should discuss this with your gp. i quoted one of your posts on here again, because i forgot about this post...lol. hope you got the oatmeal thing. i'm having quite the flareup right now. so much stomach acid i can't stand it. i'm wondering if i'm lactose intolerant because of the bowel changes, but yet milk is the only thing that soothes my stomach. although...i've heard that people with sjogrens and fibro shouldn't drink and i went to my home town for the weekend and actually had a great time. darn corona!! lol. keep in touch and let me know what your gp says about the costo okay. oh...still have the palps flutters etc but doing a stress test on the 30th of this month. my gp said i do have mild supraventricular tachychardia, but that doesn't usually involve the irregularities. but...i'm in my mid fifties and with menopause and all the other crap we women go through...who knows what the heck is going on...lol. you men have it lucky...lol.

Last edited by boobootwo; 04-12-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: addition

Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #24
(male)

bay7000 HB User

mojo – yea thanks, i have already tried the magnesium and vitamin d. cant tell if the mag is working.. but the vitamin d has helped a bit with some of my hip joint pains. staying active like walking, and jogging help a bit.

boobootwo –
Can you describe how your chest felt when you had the costochondritis? im not sure if i get the symptoms of costo as I don’t get the inflamed feeling in the ribs.
What type of test do you take to get diagnosed and did you receive special treatment for it?

Thanks for the oatmeal tip. i dont eat oatmeal to often, only once in a while.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #25
(female)

i've been a chronic cougher since childhood when i nearly died from double pneumonia. also had pleurisy a few times. anyway...just started getting kinda tightness, made worse by coughing, but it just affected the breastbone area on the left side. it doesn't necessarily have to be inflamed...just irritated. if i would get a cold, it would get worse and be burning and just extremely painful and would become inflamed and i could tell it was because it hurt just to press lightly on that area. i still get it here and there, but haven't had the inflammation in a few years. i don't think costo goes away. i think by doing certain things that we irritate it and then it flares up. i work part time right now and have to use both arms to lift heavy objects. i find when they have me work too many days in a row....i can feel it starting to pull and then hurting. the motion i do is almost like when you work out your chest muscles at the gym. like bench presses i suppose...but lifting instead of pushing. not sure if this helps much, but it's the only way i can describe it. things that flare it up....coughing, lifting heavy things, working both arms back and forth, as if moving things from one hand to the other that are not really heavy, but a few pounds and repeatedly. talk to your gp....he/she may be able to describe it better to you. let me know what you find out.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-16-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: addtion

Old 04-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #26
(male)

Bay7000,

Vitamin D helps me quite a bit with my pains. Magnesium makes my arrythmias/ palpitations less severe and less often. I did notice a big difference once I started taking it. I take the magnesium pill right before I go to bed. It took about one to two weeks of taking magnesium supplements to notice a difference. I've been also staying as active as I can but I am not even at a fraction of where I used to be but like a friend of mine said; I have two options, one is to get out and have fun while I am feeling miserable or two, stay in bed feeling miserable. It is very difficult to get motivated to do something when you feel sick and with all kinds of pains but we have to do it. Staying active is another way to fight whatever it is that we have.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #27
(male)

TLORS HB User

Bay7000 & Mojo37,

For the past few months, I've also been living with the exact same symptoms you both have described. As a matter of fact, I think I may be the spitting image of Bay. I'm also 30, have been fairly healthy until this all started, and my symptoms and my reactions to them are just about the same. The only differences are perhaps the high blood pressure (mine appears to stay within normal limits), the height (since I'm a little shorter), and that I've always had pretty bad cholesterol numbers despite diet and activity (I believe this is hereditary, in my case). Still, everything that Bay has written on the first page of this thread is exactly what I've been experiencing since late November, 2011. As a result, I've been a fatigued, sleepless wreck for months now.

The doctors I've seen are also at a loss to explain what's going on, and as you all have experienced by now, they insist it's "anxiety" and that it's all in my head. Of course, I also don't believe it stems from anxiety (though I freely admit that I've got anxiety to spare now that I have all these symptoms). I absolutely believe there has to be a physiological reason behind everything and that once I find what it is, it can be addressed. The only problem is convincing the doctors of that, and then getting them to invest in figuring it out too, rather than having them send me away with benzodiazepines and PPIs, just hoping something will stick.

What probably makes my situation a little worse is that I'm studying abroad, at the moment. Admittedly, I actually have health insurance here (since it's cheap for students and is universal), whereas I wouldn't be able to afford it back home in the States. However, the language barrier and the culture of medicine is much different here. Explaining to a doctor here that something they suggested isn't working sometimes returns helpless apathy, and sometimes tends to get them angry (imagine that!). Thus, it's taken me some time to find a doctor here that not only will listen to me and attempt different diagnostic tests. Only problem is, he also seems stumped and I think it's a matter of time until this medical mystery outlasts his patience.

In any case, I sincerely hope we eventually find out what it is that's afflicting us and that we can one day feel "normal" again. Months of searching the Internet seem to have uncovered a lot of posts on different boards of people with the same or similar symptoms, asking the same questions. I don't often see solutions or followups with clear answers which can be discouraging, but well, I keep searching, hoping for that eureka moment. With luck, we'll all find it.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:31 AM   #28
(male)

TLORS,

All my symptoms started late November as well. Like you mentioned, there's a lot op people with the same symptoms or very similar to ours. I am starting to wonder if it really is some kind of viral infection that just won't let go. I hope that we can figure out what it is because this is no fun at all. Where are you studying at?

Old 04-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #29
(male)

TLORS HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo37 View Post
TLORS,

All my symptoms started late November as well. Like you mentioned, there's a lot op people with the same symptoms or very similar to ours. I am starting to wonder if it really is some kind of viral infection that just won't let go. I hope that we can figure out what it is because this is no fun at all. Where are you studying at?
I've wondered the same, actually. I've wondered whether it was viral, a food allergy, or even if it was something environmental (seeing as I'm far from home soil and all, but even I think this far-fetched notion was born of desperation and have since kinda' given up on it). Regardless, the doctors have said that they doubt it's viral or that it's due to an allergy. According to them, my blood tests and an allergy test seem to indicate that it's not a virus and, outside of cats and dust mites, I'm not allergic to the usual foods that cause allergies like gluten, dairy products, or shell fish.

Alas, the search goes on.

Oh, and Japan.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #30
(male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User

Funny thing, my anxiety also started in November 2011. I tried to come off the Paxil and after two weeks into it it hit me like a door in the head. Ever since I am not feeling like my old self. Everyone tells me that it is all in my head and I do believe that it partly is, since when I get myself together and motivate myself (which is very hard) I do feel much better.

Was there some global event that took place in November that could have caused all of us have a sudden increase in some negative energy or so? I can't think of anything.

Current medication: Paxil 40mg, Mirtazapin 20mg

Closed Thread