It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

jumpfrog8 HB User
Anxiety and not your heart.

I have not been diagnosed with anxiety yet. I have been to a cardiologist twice within the past three months because I have been having strange feelings in my chest. Kind of fluttering. I have had EKGs, holter monitor twice, and an ECHO. Everything is normal. I just recently learned by reading online that my symptoms lean toward anxiety. I have been feeling these flutters quite a bit. I also went to the ER a couple of years ago because I felt like I couldnt breath. It felt like I was breathing, but the air wasn't going into my lungs. I was told then that everything was fine. I was breatihing just fine. I go back for a follow up with the cardiologist this friday and am going to ask him if it could be anxiety making me feel like something is wrong with my heart. I am 29 years old and I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. The first time I went to the cardiologist was while I was pregnant. Does this sound familiar to anyone with anxiety?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
(female)

stressedtomax HB Userstressedtomax HB Userstressedtomax HB User
Re: Anxiety and not your heart.

Anxiety can do many odd things. 7 years ago, I had anxiety and panic attacks, and I would have feelings in my chest tingling and numbness in my arms, fingers, ears and face. I thought I was having a heart attack or stroke. Oh, and I would sometimes break out in a sweat and feel like headed. I was sure it was something physical. Currently I am battling some health issues that I was sure were heart related ( I still think that at times) but all tests have come back perfect, and now they are saying it is stomach related brought on by anxiety and stress. Even as I sit here typing my chest feels heavy and like it is hard to take a breath. But even today, I saw my general doctor and called my cardiologist and they both said my heart is fine.
If you can try to relax (I hate when people say that) and if you have anybody to talk to that helps a lot. I am going to call a therapist, because everyone says I am making my health issues much worse with anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I heard a statistic the other day that can show you just how common anxiety and heart issues are.

"97% of all those who come to the ER with chest pain are NOT having a heart attack". The vast majority of cases are anxiety.

Whatever symptoms your body can produce, you brain can mimic. Your brain is telling you something is not right in your life and it is coming out as heart symptoms but nothing is physically wrong. But something is wrong somewhere in your life.

Consider seeing a therapist....it really can help. I'm doing it too.

Hugs....Jenny

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennybyc For This Useful Post:
Lore54 (09-03-2012), stressedtomax (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
(female)

stressedtomax HB Userstressedtomax HB Userstressedtomax HB User

I was given a couple of names from my health insurance and I am going to see a therapist. I know some of my problems are anxiety and panic and some are actual health problems, but I definitely need some help. I hope jumpfrog8 can talk to someone also

Closed Thread