It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
(female)

Avaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB User
Can a young teen have a heart attack?

I constantly worry every single day that I might have a heart attack. Can a young teen have a heart attack because of too much stress and anxiety?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Can a young teen have a heart attack?

avaleen....i've suffered panic disorder for 28 years now and if that's the case...i would've been dead years ago. unless you have some kind of heart condition....panic attacks will not kill you. now...if you continue to stress and and stay in an anxious state the rest of your life....you will shorten it. calm down...realize it's only anxiety and go with it. stop fighting what you can't control. when you start to feel anxious....breathe from your abdomen....listen to your breathing, calm yourself down and live your life. people with our disorder, tend to anticipate the worst about everything. but that's just it....it's only anticipation....not reality. stop over expanding what you think is wrong and rationalize with yourself. when you're having a panic attack...ask yourself....has it killed me yet...no. can i still think and breath...yes. then i must be okay...i'm just getting myself in a tizzy over nothing. i know it's scary....probably more than most, but what doesn't kill you...just makes you stronger. you're far too young to worry about the rest of your life. stay in the "now"...not the tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to boobootwo For This Useful Post:
AlexandraS (04-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
(female)

Thank you and no I do not have a heart condition but sometimes I feel weird things where my heart is. I definately want to start on some kind of medications.. I feel like I stress too much and have lots of anxiety! maybe going out will make me less stressed out.. you've had a heart attack before?

Old 04-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
(female)

& what did you mean by shorten it?

Old 04-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaleen G View Post
Thank you and no I do not have a heart condition but sometimes I feel weird things where my heart is. I definately want to start on some kind of medications.. I feel like I stress too much and have lots of anxiety! maybe going out will make me less stressed out.. you've had a heart attack before?
nope...no heart attack, just my immune disorders. but anxiety has controlled my whole life. i don't want you to end up this way. i took after my father and his chronic worrying. always had a type "a" personality. hyper....very intolerant of things, etc. i really wish you wouldn't try the medications because anxiety can be conquered. see if you can find a class that teaches what they call, "cognitive restructuring". it teaches you how to change your thoughts from dreadful to rational. they're good classes and they may rid you of anxiety altogether because the classes will give you the knowledge to not let yourself get carried away in your thoughts. doc's like to try to push drugs on everyone, because they don't have the time to cure....so they just try to make your life liveable. you can conquer this....i know lots of people that have and live wonderful lives. you just have to give it your all and tell yourself that you will not longer let this control you. you can do it avaleen....have faith.

Last edited by boobootwo; 04-01-2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: mispell

Old 04-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaleen G View Post
& what did you mean by shorten it?
by saying shorten it....you will become a chronic worrier and make yourself sick as you get older. stress can kill eventually. stress is what usually leads to heart attacks and other chronic illnesses. so becoming stress free and learning to live more rationally will help you have a longer and much healthier life.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
(female)

thank you. and I know I can conquer this but I feel like I can only conquer my anxiety attacks and maybe release some stress. But what about those ugly symptoms I feel in my body daily. It sucks and I just want to get rid of that! and my mentality, it's hopless. ): I have a 6 month old daughter and don't want to live my life like this. I hate taking trips to the hospital.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
(female)

the weird sensations are what you are creating by letting your thoughts expand. try this....every time you get these weird sensations...go kiss your child or your husband, or go do something physical. when i was having panic attacks...i would start pacing around the house....because i would think the same thing....you know...oh...i'm having a heart attack. the reason i paced and i mean, a fast pace...is because as long as i was moving and exerting myself....it couldn't be a heart attack or i wouldn't be able to do that. other's might try something like sitting down and doing deep breathing because they want to relax. i would challenge the anxiety by proving it wrong. you....are in control of your body, but anxiety likes to think it can control you. when you give it that control...by getting scared and letting your thoughts get unrealistic....you feed the anxiety more. if you start feeling panic coming on....just say no...no i'm not letting this control me...no, no, no. keep your mind busy. when you're intensely focused on something...you don't feel the anxiety because your thoughts are being used for something else. you're far too young to be a chronic worrier. just live avaleen....not for your anxiety, but for you and your child. just stay in the moment your in. don't anticipate that something is wrong...it's only your body poking at you and saying....hey....i'm baaaaccckkkk....lol. ignore it....it will go away and i think you know that...because it always goes away....right? live, love and especially....laugh.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-02-2012 at 11:27 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to boobootwo For This Useful Post:
AlexandraS (04-02-2012)
Closed Thread