It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
(female)

Avaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB User
Very concerned ):

Hi, so a couple days ago the doctor told me my pulse and heart rate were a little high. Is pulse and heart rate the same thing? Is it dangerous to have high heart rate and slow pulse? I just don't get it.. someone please answer my questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
(female)

AlexandraS HB UserAlexandraS HB UserAlexandraS HB User
Re: Very concerned ):

Your pulse is your heart rate...
Calm yourself down and relax your getting yourself excited when your heart rate goes up..
I experienced the same thing about a few days ago when I went to the doctor . It's nothing bad just anxiety you gotta learn to focus on relaxing . It will get better when my anxiety first started acting up that was my first thing was worrying about my heart . Now I have health anxiety every little pain I get I worry something's wrong . Think positive if something was wrong with you.. You wouldn't be here right now. Stay positive !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Very concerned ):

Hello Avaleen G.

Perhaps your doctor was referring to your pulse and blood pressure?

If your doctor hasn't mentioned it, I think something to consider is your pulse and blood pressure can be a little higher than normal if you feel anxious about going in for a doctor visit. I think the term for this is white coat hypertension.

The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
AlexandraS (04-04-2012)
Closed Thread