It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

sweetnana HB User
Question How do you get rid of health anxiety?

About 5 months ago I had a severe anxiety attack out of the blue. It seemed to be non stop for 2 weeks. Then I started shaking. The shaking has been nonstop 24/7 in my entire body for 5months now. I have developed severe health anxiety because of the non stop shake king. It even happens when I am sleeping. I have been to the dr. And neurologist and the ER. They tell me I am fine but I do not feel fine. Everyday is a struggle to get through. Every pain or odd sensation sends me into a panic. I just want, the shaking to stop. I have never felt like this in my life. I just t wanna feel normal again. Can anxiety really last this long?How do you stop yourself from thinking your dying everyday?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: How do you get rid of health anxiety?

Hello sweetnana.

If you haven't tried it, I would recommend going into group therapy for your health anxiety. I don't personally suffer from health anxiety though someone in my anxiety group does. One way to manage your health anxiety would be to retrain your thought process so that you don't immediately jump to the conclusion that you're going to die every time you feel an odd sensation. I know it's easier said than done, which is why therapy can be helpful in providing an educational and supportive environment.

The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
sweetnana (04-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
(female)

veganway HB Userveganway HB User
Re: How do you get rid of health anxiety?

I recommend magnesium glycinate 600 mg a day and taurine +B6 for anxiety and depression , i tried it it works.

Last edited by veganway; 05-16-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Closed Thread