It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
(female)

veganway HB Userveganway HB User
Smile I found the cure for anxiety

Anxiety is caused by magnesium deficiency in most cases ,I recommend magnesium glycinate 600 mg a day and taurine +B6 500mg, for anxiety and depression.The recommended safe dose for magnesium is between (400mg and 1000 mg) a day depending on the severity of your anxiety. (magnesium should never be taken alone).magnesium glycinate if accompanied with taurine+b6 it will work best.All the other forms of magnesium are poorly absorbed by the body ,magnesium glycinate is the best form. i tried it, it works ,give it about a week or two.also don't forget to take a multivitamin everyday because you also need all the other vitamins in order for your body and brain to work properly.I had severe anxiety and depression, and now I am healthy, anxiety and depression free, I hope you find this information useful.

Last edited by veganway; 05-17-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to veganway For This Useful Post:
AlexandraS (04-30-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
(male)

Iceberg2012 HB User
Re: I found the cure for anxiety

Panic most of my life and now the past 2 months with intense anxiety. I am seeing this magnesium suggestion more and more. Sadly i am already 3 days in on Cipralex treatment which i decided to halt and try magnesium chelate instead. Currently stopped 3 weeks of 0.5mg Ativan and 10mg of Cipralex cold turkey.

When i took my first 125mg capsule last night i felt an energy and clarity i had not felt in almost a year. Im going to step up slowly and maybe reach 400mg by the end of this week. I hope my plugged ears and anxiety are easily suppressable. Thanks for mentioning your find. I hope to report back on any success.

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-14-2012 at 12:31 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Iceberg2012:
veganway (05-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
(female)

I am glad that you stopped the medicines above, and decided to give magnesium a try.now I am taking ,1 magnesium glycinate and 1taurine+b6 together three times daily, honestly I feel a lot better than I did before on magnesium chloride, my thoughts are clear, I sleep better , I am not depressed anymore . and my anxiety is gone too. so I highly recommended . I am not sure about magnesium chelate though, I hope you find this information useful. If you have any question I will gladly answer it .

< edited >

Last edited by veganway; 05-16-2012 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
(female)

Wobbles08 HB User

Firstly, I want to congratulate you for finding an affective treatment for your anxiety. I would like to point out though that not all anxiety disorders are caused by a magnesium deficiency. I have been a sufferer of generalised anxiety disorder for over 10 years now, I have tried all of the natural remedies, including magnesium supplements but did not have get any relief. I think it is important to remember that mental illness is often an inherited disorder, as with my family, my mother suffers depression, my grandmother suffered an undiagnosed illness, all of my mothers siblings suffer from either depression or anxiety. Unfortunately, a diagnosed anxiety disorder is a mental illness and while for some with a milder condition natural remedies may offer relief, you would not ask a schitzophrenic or bipolar sufferer to take a vitamin to cure them. For some anxiety sufferers, depending on the diagnosis it is necessary to take an antidepressant medication to have a normal life. Please do not get me wrong, I do believe in a number of circumstances the magnesium supplement will assist. But please remember it will not cure everyone.

The following user gives a hug of support to Wobbles08:
veganway (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
(male)

easygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles08 View Post
Firstly, I want to congratulate you for finding an affective treatment for your anxiety. I would like to point out though that not all anxiety disorders are caused by a magnesium deficiency. I have been a sufferer of generalised anxiety disorder for over 10 years now, I have tried all of the natural remedies, including magnesium supplements but did not have get any relief. I think it is important to remember that mental illness is often an inherited disorder, as with my family, my mother suffers depression, my grandmother suffered an undiagnosed illness, all of my mothers siblings suffer from either depression or anxiety. Unfortunately, a diagnosed anxiety disorder is a mental illness and while for some with a milder condition natural remedies may offer relief, you would not ask a schitzophrenic or bipolar sufferer to take a vitamin to cure them. For some anxiety sufferers, depending on the diagnosis it is necessary to take an antidepressant medication to have a normal life. Please do not get me wrong, I do believe in a number of circumstances the magnesium supplement will assist. But please remember it will not cure everyone.
I'm sorry to hear this runs in your family. I hope you are doing well.

I agree that there can be many causes of anxiety. Not just a nutrition deficiency. But when you say "you would not ask a schizophrenic or bipolar sufferer to take a vitamin to cure them." Actually, maybe you should. There are many other known nutritional cures for schizophrenia. And they should all be tried.

For example, studies have found that 80 per cent of schizophrenics have essential fat deficiency because they have an overacitve enzyme called phospholipase A2 (PLA2) that breaks down fats in the brain (a normal process) too much.

I read about a placebo study using EFA supplementation with zinc, B6, B3 and vitamin C with omega-6 fats, that produced significant improvements in schizophrenic symptoms.

Also vitamin C has been shown to reduce the symptoms of schizophrenia. And that those with mental illness seem to have a need for as much as 10 times the normal requirement for vitamin C.

Also it's well established that dementia can be a classic sign of Niacin (vitamin B3) deficiency. However don't expect daily RDA of B3 to help a severe vit B3 deficiency, these patients require 100 times the RDA of B3! Look up the research of Drs Humphrey Osmond and Abram Hoffer who in 1951 ran the first megadose studies on schizophrenics, and found that even chronic schizophrenics recovered (although required years of B3 + other nutrtients). Dr Hoffer recorded 4,000 cases in his careere claiming a high success rate with nutrition therapy. It's believed that vitamin B12 and folic acid with niacin helps keep adrenalin and noradrenalin levels in balance, as adrenochrome is known to induce hallucinations.

Other recent studies have found that those with mental illness are deficient in vitamin B6 and zinc, causing pyroluria.

Guess what else can cause mental illness? Food allergies! It's now firmly established that allergies alone can produce these symptoms:

severe depression
nervousness
feeling of anger with no purpose
loss of motivation
severe mental blankness

The foods found that can most produce these symptoms are wheat, milk, cane sugar, tobacco smoke and eggs.

This is just some approaches that are known to help mental illness or anxiety. Can they cure everyone? No. Some have too severe and irreversible brain dysfunction for these to help much. However, those with severe, irreversible, or genetic dysfunction are a small minority. Most probably can be helped with nutrition to significant extent.

I think that anxiety and panic attacks are SYMPTOMS of something gone wrong. It's ridiculous for Dr's to diagnose someone with 'anxiety disorder'. Anxiety is a symptom!

Just as pain is a symptom of something wrong. Anxiety and panic is a SYMPTOM of a disorder- maybe a nutrition disorder. Or a digestive disorder. Or a mental disorder. Or an emotional disorder. Or a cellular disorder.

We need the medical establishment to research more about the EXACT disorder that is causing anxiety or panic attacks so that the disorder can be cured (when the disorder condition is still reversible).

Last edited by easygoingguy; 05-17-2012 at 06:52 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingguy For This Useful Post:
veganway (05-17-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
(male)

SebastianDaniel HB User

I've found all of this information very interesting and hope to try them all out soon...as a chronic anxiety sufferer for 10+ years now wish me luck! I'm starting with the magnesium and food diets first then go from there....

The following user gives a hug of support to SebastianDaniel:
veganway (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #7
(female)

hi sebastianDaniel, I hope you get better, I also recommend that you check your vitamin D level, and take Omega 3 fish oil, because a defiency in those also plays a factor in anxiety. the lowest recommended for vitamin D is 1000, that is very low, it is not enough. I take 3000 IU vitamin D everyday.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #8
(male)

berkeley3525 HB Userberkeley3525 HB User

I came crashing down with depression in January. I lived with it for several months and finally decided I needed to help myself. I decided to take an all natural approach versus medication. Started to exercise (walking), eating healthy and taking a high quality all natural supplement with vitamins & minerals plus over 50 fruits, vegetables & green foods plus enzymes, mushrooms, amino acids, antioxidants, lutein & resveratrol. I have the depression under control. I'm also taking 30 drops of valerian twice a day plus L-Tyrosine. The supplement that I'm taking has B6 & taurine. I plan to purchase Magnesium Glycinate. I'm so glad that I went all natural and I'm so pleased that you did with excellent results.

The following user gives a hug of support to berkeley3525:
veganway (11-20-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #9
(female)

Rucoco HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganway View Post
Anxiety is caused by magnesium deficiency in most cases ,I recommend magnesium glycinate 600 mg a day and taurine +B6 500mg, for anxiety and depression.The recommended safe dose for magnesium is between (400mg and 1000 mg) a day depending on the severity of your anxiety. (magnesium should never be taken alone).magnesium glycinate if accompanied with taurine+b6 it will work best.All the other forms of magnesium are poorly absorbed by the body ,magnesium glycinate is the best form. i tried it, it works ,give it about a week or two.also don't forget to take a multivitamin everyday because you also need all the other vitamins in order for your body and brain to work properly.I had severe anxiety and depression, and now I am healthy, anxiety and depression free, I hope you find this information useful.
Hi Veganway,

I am new here, but found your post through a google search, so decided to join. I am also on Magnesium Glycinate and B6, but have now found that adding Taurine may be helpful for anxiety & depression. It seems by your post you & I have read the same kind of stuff/research etc.

Just wondering what dosage of the Taurine you are on?? (it seems only 500mg tablets are available where I live) and was it that that truly helped to fully lift the anxiety, panic & depression for you??? I've been on the Mag Glycinate for ages. Is this regime still proving to be CONTINOUSLY helpful for you??? (sure hope so!!)

I would dearly like to get on top of this for myself but am suffering from CNS damage (long story) so have to be SUPER CAREFUL of alot of supplements, mostly.....the "excitory" ones, as my CNS is ALREADY hyper sensitive & super-reactive (with this damage). I've read that Taurine is an "inhibitory" supp anyway so that "should" be ok for me, but it will still be scary trial & error. Example I can no longer take Fish Oil because it revs up my CNS/brain so much that my balance gets even more wobbly than it already is, so that rules that one out for me.

Just wondering whether this regime is still continuing to be helpful for you???

Did it give a a sense of FINALLY feeling calm & less hyper-emotional on the inside as well as mentally (without feeling sedated) too???

Thanks HEAPS in advance for your reply.

Kind Regards, Rucoco

I should edit my post to say that I have only READ that the Taurine is helpful, havent actually started taking it yet, hence why I was asking......hopefully you saw my question to you about this Veganway??? Just hoping for a tad of reassurance as lord knows I have tried SO MANY supps with dosh I DONT really have & getting so frustrated spending money on stuff that doesnt work. I know every1 is different, but I HAVE seen this combo advocated before, with good results apparently...

Last edited by Rucoco; 12-05-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

Magnesium is great not only for mental health but also for muscles and plays a key role in the body. But please, I beg you…do not stop taking any medicine without checking with your doctor! Especially if you have been on meds for a long time. I know (because I am there) that often enough we get so fed up with the illness and feel that medicine doesn’t help or that it doesn’t cure us, but understand that if you take that medicine away, the mind and body will resent it and if you think it is bad now, it will get much, much worse. I believe in natural remedies because they work and there is plenty of research behind it, but again, please don’t do anything irrational without first talking to your doctor. Your life may depend on it.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
(male)

xsiv1 HB User

New here as well and felt obligated to reply. I concede that natural foods, quality supplements and vigorous exercise can help most everyone whose been diagnosed with some kind of depression or anxiety disorder. Others are treatment resistant so a more thorough search for the root cause of the disorder must be commenced.

Magnesium Glycinate is a good source but not the only form that becomes readily absorbable. Other chelated forms work well too as an fyi. Taurine has a multitude of beneficial properties and one can use gram(s) of it each day if required. Bodybuilders have been using it for decades and it can also be good for your heart. My issue is with B6. You have to keep an eye on your daily intake through foods and supplements since anything over 200mgs/day has been shown in studies to be neuro-toxic.

The Following User Says Thank You to xsiv1 For This Useful Post:
veganway (12-04-2012)
Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #12
(female)

pamsm HB User

I'm new here and am on my own self-discovery for anxietyand depression and came upon your answer. Two quick questions --

You cited using taurine + B6 500 mg. In that scenario, is taurine and the B6 combined and the dosage is 500 mg or is the 500 mg just for the taurine alone?

Also, your answer was last April 2012. Are you still on your regiment and if so, is it still working?

Thanks for your response!

Old 03-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #13
(male)

xsiv1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamsm View Post
I'm new here and am on my own self-discovery for anxietyand depression and came upon your answer. Two quick questions --

You cited using taurine + B6 500 mg. In that scenario, is taurine and the B6 combined and the dosage is 500 mg or is the 500 mg just for the taurine alone?

Also, your answer was last April 2012. Are you still on your regiment and if so, is it still working?

Thanks for your response!
Taurine in amounts of up to a couple grams per day are fine but remember that it 'may' downregulate gaba receptors over time meaning that they won't act as efficiently as pre-Taurine supplementation. I'd stick to 500mgs and see how that works and bump it up to another dose of 500mgs as needed. DO NOT TAKE 500mg of B6. It'll do MORE damage than any benefit. Anything over 150mgs-200mgs is neuro-toxic. Keep your B6 at less than 100 per day keeping in mind that you get some through your food or B-Complex supplementation.

veganway (04-21-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
(female)

pamsm HB User

Thanks for your response. All of this is somewhat confusing and overwhelming.

I'm starting magnesium glycinate this week for depression, as discussed on the george eby site. That's where I saw that he recommends taurine with it.

Would you suggest not using the taurine at all?

The Following User Says Thank You to pamsm For This Useful Post:
veganway (04-21-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
(male)

xsiv1 HB User

I always recommend going with the lowest 'efficient' dose or combination. Taurine acts on Gaba which is your body's chief calming neurotransmitter. It has other health benefits including one's muscles, namely the heart and other cardiovascular components. I form of magnesium I have switched to (although pricey) is Magnesium L-Threonate which can be used moreso during the day as it is known to also support cognition and is good stuff imo. I'd begin with the glycinate and see how that works for you. As an aside, you can also make use of various herbs sporadically that are known to be excellent anxiolytics like honokiol, ashwaghanda and a component of green tea, Suntheanine (purest form of L-theanine). One good complex that contains the aforementioned is by FutureBiotics called Stress-Assist and contains your good B-Vits, Theanine and Ashwaghanda as well as some Rhodiola Rosea. Again, it's best to use these as needed. Bacopa Monnieri is a known nootropic that supports memory and cognition but is known to reduce anxiety as well.

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-13-2013 at 10:51 AM.

veganway (04-21-2013)
Closed Thread