It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
(male)

Newfie1979 HB User
Question Can I be having Anxiety, for no reason?

Hi

Over the past month I have been having some issues where I get this feeling of light-headedness/fuzzy, unable to focus, tingling in my fingers, hard to catch my breath. Sometimes this feeling will quickly pass; however other times it will progress to the point where I feel like my body jolts(electric jolt feeling) and I feel like I am going to pass out. This seems to be happening daily and everywhere; at work, at home, walking down the street, on the subway, driving the car, when I lay down to go to sleep, when I with others, when Iím alone and seems to be happening more often each passing week.

Just the other night I woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, finding it hard to catch my breath, unable to focus, and numbness in my fingers, after getting up drinking a glass of cold water and just focusing on breathing it passed after maybe 15-20 minís.

I was rather shocked after several trips to the doctor to be told I am having anxiety attacks. I feel no stress in my life, nor do I feel anxious any anytime. Co-workers, friends, etc... often comment about just how relaxed/clam I am even when things should be stressful.

Does anyone else have anxiety symptoms for no reason at all? Even though they have no stress nor feel anxious at anytime? Is this normal?

Thanks

Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
(female)

ciinders HB Userciinders HB Userciinders HB Userciinders HB User
Re: Can I be having Anxiety, for no reason?

Hi there newfie,my names cinders.
I read your post about anxiety and the answer is,yes you can still have anxiety/panic attacks even though your not anxious or panicky,I should no,I've been suffering from them since the age of 15 and I'm now 33.
At first it was just the odd one ere and there,and gradually over the years for some reason they've grown and grown,its so frustrating.
There are things you can try,like taking magnesuim calcium supliments bettween 400mg and 1000mgs a day,I've found that really works for me,there's excercise,I so light eXercise 2 hours before going to bednthat works very well for me,and one more thing which you might not try with you being male lol,and this is a big yes yes from me....go to an anromertherapy shop and get some lavender oil,everynight for a week,after exercise run a hot bath and pour at least 10 drops of lavender oil in the bath (no bubbles) and just lay in the bath for at least 15-20mins and let the lavender absorb into ur skin,you won't belive how relaxed you'll feel and you'll sleep all night. You can even add a few drops of lavender oil onto ur pillow...if at work and you feel a turn comming on,put a few dabs of lavender oil onto a hanky and inhale thhe aroma a few times,you'll soon start to feel better.
I hope my tips have helped you in some way as I've shared them with others that have tried it and its really helped them
If you need anyone to chat to then you no were I am

The Following User Says Thank You to ciinders For This Useful Post:
Newfie1979 (05-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
(male)

easygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB Usereasygoingguy HB User

I also do think you can have anxiety 'attacks' without feelings of insecurity. They just happen for no apparent reason. What I want to know is WHAT is CAUSING it? When a Dr diagnoses this as "anxiety" isn't that a symptom?

Something must be going wrong in the body, either nerve problems, nutrition problem, emotional problem, aging, something!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
(male)

Newfie1979 HB User

Thanks Cinders; yes I am a male however lavender oil in a hot bath sounds awesome lol. My wife may have that stuff at home already; I’ll give it a shot. I have been finding that exercise seems helping also, nothing to crazy just long walks and my wife and I went and got a couple of mountain bikes to hit up the trails around out place.

easygoingguy; this is one of my main concerns, What is causing it and why? And are you sure it’s only anxiety? For the past 5 – 6 weeks I have been to the doctors 3 times; the first 2 time’s they told me to come back in a week or two if it keeps happening; and just the last time they told me it was anxiety. Finally after getting in to see my family doctor she is taking it to another level and send me for other test, cat scan, etc... Her theory is, if it is some kind of anxiety, the thought of me constantly worrying that it is something more serious is not going to help me at all. Eliminated the serious possible causes and we will only be left with anxiety.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #5
(male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie1979 View Post
I feel no stress in my life, nor do I feel anxious any anytime. Co-workers, friends, etc... often comment about just how relaxed/clam I am even when things should be stressful.
Could it be that you are actually stressed, but do not want to show it? Therefore you keep it inside and this tension or pressure (however you might not be aware of it) causes the physical sensations?

Even if you think you are not stressed about certain things, you body is actually undergoing changes which you can't see. Like when you watch a horror movie and at the end you think: well that was lame, it didn't scare me at all. The thruth is that it did affect you, you just don't notice until something triggers the reaction.

Current medication: Paxil 40mg, Mirtazapin 20mg

Closed Thread