It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
(female)

Meow2211 HB User
i have panic disorder

My family don't believe i have it. I honestly don't know why they don't but they think i'am faking it. How could i fake having panic attacks three times a day? I'am on medication for it and they know that, but I don't feel like I'am supported in my family. I had to be put on medication for a reason because of my panic attacks. I feel so alone in this and I think honestly this panic disorder is taking over my life. Even when iam on the medication I do have some panic attacks , I've been on it for 6 months . I didn't go to therapy yet because I was busy with work., but today I just quit my job. Honestly my boss was making my anxiety go high and was making me go into panic attacks. I needed to get out of there.

so it is getting worse and i don't know what to do. I feel anxious, and feel like i'am going out of control. Iam going to make a appointment to see a therapist tomorrow. Just somebody please tell me they know what iam going through. i need help.

The following user gives a hug of support to Meow2211:
ciinders (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
(female)

ciinders HB Userciinders HB Userciinders HB Userciinders HB User
Re: i have panic disorder

Hi there meow,I'm cinders.
Firstly I want you to no that your not alone,myself and others on this site no only to well how alone and frustrated that you feel,especially when you have no one else to chat to that understands what you're going through.
Please don't worry,the more you worry then the more worse your anxiety and panic is likely to get. I myself along with others suffer from severe anxiety and panic disorder and agoraphobia and as long as you let the disorder own you,it won't get any better,so you need to find a way ov owning it and showin it who's boss.
Yes,I no its sounds easy and I won't lie to you because its not,but one way ov gettin half way there is knowing that you can tAlk about it on here to me or any othersntalking about it to people who understand what you're going through will make it that bit easier and lessen the stress your feeling and aslo knowing that no one here will judge you or tell you your faking it etc etc.
Let it all out how you're feeling,we are all here to help and listen in any way we can.

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-07-2012 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room letters with the proper words as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

The Following User Says Thank You to ciinders For This Useful Post:
Meow2211 (05-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
(female)

MariaMS HB User

I know what you are talking about Meow. You are doing the right things to help yourself. I was so relieved to read at the end of your post that you are going to make an appointment with a therapist. Make sure that you follow through with that. I'm going through a horrible anxiety time after an interstate move. I can't sleep, I have constant anxiety and I know it will pass eventually but it completely sucks while you are in it. I found a therapist and psychiatrist here within the 1st week we moved. I see the psych for the Xanax scripts and some talk therapy until next week when I see the therapist he suggested I speak with who will do most of the "talk" therapy with me. I want to reassure you that I have had this years ago and it just about completely went away and was under control for many, many years. Our family lifestyle change has completely thrown me and I'm having a terrible time settling into a new place (interstate move back to our original home state w/ my husband traveling back and forth on the weekends from and to his job in VA). I know that missing him is triggering this as are some strange medical things that I'm having to deal with at the same time. I completely understand feeling as if you are losing it. I just let myself cry when I get really bad and in a few minutes it's as if I just let out some anxiety by giving in. I'm trying to wait it out/feel it/face it and take my xanax as prescribed. I'm sure so many people here feel the same way and they too have had it before and have found a way to conquer it and live a much more comfortable life again. What I'm trying to do when it hits hard is tell myself that I'll be OK and in a little while the worst of it will pass but I do empathize with you and understand how awful this makes you feel. I hope you get to a therapist and start working on it. Relief comes through in small patches. I promise.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
(female)

tammykinz HB User

Unfortunately many people dont understand mental illness. Having no supportive peoe in your life especially family can just make how you feel worse. The best thing for this is a good family discussion truly expressing how they make you feel. Provide them wirh some reading material so they can learn about it. Education is important and if they love you they should hear you out.

The Following User Says Thank You to tammykinz For This Useful Post:
Meow2211 (05-08-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
(female)

Meow2211 HB User

Well the only person who seems to understand is my grandma because she suffers from anxiety too. Thank you for understanding and your support. It makes me feel welcomed here.

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-08-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Closed Thread