It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
(female)

LucianaB HB User
New to Prozac - Help!

Last Friday my doctor put me on Prozac (Fluoxetine -started me at 20mg). I've heard that it's better to start with a lower dose, but the prozac is not in a pill that can be cut (capsule).

I've been having some side effects, but not as bad as what I have heard. I've had issues sleeping, night sweats, diarrhea, headaches, and ear ringing (one ear) Sometimes the ringing is more like an odd beeping. I had two instances where I needed to take lorazepam to prevent panic attacks, but no more than that.

Do these usually go away after two weeks or so?

Old 06-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
(male)

Onclou9 HB UserOnclou9 HB User
Re: New to Prozac - Help!

I'm in the same boat as you......what a mess.

I'm on my 7th dose today and I can say that my biggest complaint is the constant waking at night and the morning anxiety. My doc suggested that I take a dose off one night and then pick back up in the morning but I don't know that I can do that. It is more important for me to get the meds on board and then once stable, I'll switch. So I will see if the prozac in the morning helps me better than at night.

I'm really somewhat groggy and tired but my biggest complaint is that anxiety in the morning. I am really just anxious with my arms and neck burning, etc. Very anxious but it seems that after a week that's not as bad.

I hear that if you can get past the initial symptoms (which tends to happen with all SSRI's) then you will reap the benefits. Time will see.

Oc9

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, fluoxetine, prozac, side effects