It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
(male)

Flyingitalian13 HB User
Am I dying from a brain tumor? Really freaked out, please respond quicklya

I have been sick because of elevated bilirubin for 5 days now, all I have had is fluids since Tuesday night up until Friday when I was able to hold down some toast. Saturday I was able to eat breakfast and a couple bananas. Thursday night as well as friday night I struggled with getting to sleep. Friday and Saturday I have had very bad headaches. My right temple is throbbing as well my forehead with my heartbeat. Are these headaches because of low blood sugar and lack of sleep after not eating or sleeping for nearly 2 days? I am scared I am dying of a brain tumor. When I went to the doctor I passed my neuro exam just fine, even though I was feeling spacey. Also, two full blood work exams have come back normal. I am stressing my mother out with my constant anxiety, and she doesn't think I need a cat scan. A family friend who is a nurse says my headache is a result of the morphine, not a brain tumor, they gave me in the ER but that was 2 days ago. These pressure headaches did not start until after they gave me the morphine. This morning I woke up and it felt like my arm was tingling and I could not control it. I am only 20, so much to live for still, but I feel like I'm losing it, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Old 06-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Milly50 HB UserMilly50 HB User
Re: Am I dying from a brain tumor? Really freaked out, please respond quicklya

Try and calm down, your symptoms are not consistent with a brain tumour I think. It could be you are so panicked that you are scaring yourself too much. Have plenty of warm drinks, stay in bed and rest. Read or watch TV if it makes you feel better. Your tests have come back normal, they would have picked up a serious defect I am sure if there was one. A lot of our ills are caused by our thinking, so think positive and good thoughts and rest until you feel right again. Only eat if you are really hungry - your body will let you know. See how you feel tomorrow, it really helps to get up and showered, back to a normal routine and with a positive outlook.

I truly hope you feel better very soon. Try to relax.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
(male)

Flyingitalian13 HB User

Thank you Milly, I am starting to wind down. Everyone is telling me I do not have a brain tumor and that I had a bad reaction to the morphine. My mom gave me sleeping pills on top of the morphine without realizing the effect. Thank you for your thoughts. I am trying to calm down, still pretty nervous though

Old 06-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

I had the tingling arm, headache and everything, when you are sick or anxious your muscles tense up and can cause you to pinch a nerve which will or can cause constant arm tingling. Find someone to massage your upper back and the tingling and the headache should subside. My doctor told me my arm tingle was due to s rib out of place. I was convinced of a heart attack and have been putting myself through the ringer trying to ease my fears, last night I recalled my fp said I had a rib out of place so I looked it up and all symptoms were absolutely consistent with me. You don't have a tumor, your head ache is consistent with medication and lack of food and anxiety, bring anxious makes you tense and many clench their teeth. I am 32 and have had anxiety for 16 years, I can never talk myself down but I am always happy with my end results you don't want a cat scan if you can avoid it, it is a lot of radiation which could cause other problems later, they terrify me but I have 2 of them in 2 days because I didn't listen to my doctor who said pinched nerve and rib out of place... Now I worry that I have sent too much radiation through my head and neck (ct showed nerve and muscle spasm) and I run from the microwave when it is on... Lol sounds silly but stupid anxiety makes us do stupid things! Live life full and have so much fun!

I am not a doctor only an anxiety sufferer and I can only speak from experience not from a professional view.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
(female)

ashlee095 HB User

I also agree that your symptoms are not those one would have with a brain tumor. I'm 20 and have major health anxiety always thinking I have cancer. When I was 11 my best friend suffered from horrible headaches on top of her head which the doctor attributed to allergies. Long story short and being confused for an aneurysm, she had a stage 4 brain stem glioblastoma brain tumor. She battles it for 16 months which is longer than most can with this type of tumor until she passed away. I was young but she was beat friend and is such an inspiration. I honestly do not believe you have a brain tumor. I went through it with her everyday. Your anxiety could be getting the best of you and the more you think you have something the more your mind will trick you into thinking you do, thus exhibiting symptoms. Try and relax, have you talked to a doctor about your anxiety? I am only 20 like i said and have been in your boat many times. Racked up thousands of dollars in medical bills becuse of it. Things can and will get better if you give it the chance. I wish you the best and hope you feel better. Take care.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
(male)

Flyingitalian13 HB User

Thank you all, it's just my body feels so weak. And than these headaches will not leave me alone. Now my throat and mouth are really dry too. We had a family friend die from a brain tumor/brain cancer not to long ago so it just worries me. See I had really bad anxiety when I was in 8th grade but after seeing a therapist it went away. Now since the summer started it has come back out of nowhere. That one of the reasons I fear I have a tumor. If anyone knows someone I can call to describe my symptoms, I think it would help if I could hear a medical professional third party's voice explain to me that I'm fine. Like I said my mom thinks it's all anxiety in my head.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

The best person to talk to is your doctor.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
(male)

Flyingitalian13 HB User

I have an appointment later this week. The headaches are starting to lessen, but at times during the day I feel utterly exhausted, but my brain head won't let me go to sleep. I also don't really have an appetite anymore and my left eye has gotten kind of blurry. My mouth and throat are dry and there is a lot of mucus and drainage coming up. I am sorry if this constant worrying is obnoxious. I just have never felt so off before

Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
(female)

Brookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB UserBrookietrip HB User

I have felt off for 2 weeks now so I know that feeling. I have finally begun to come down from my awful anxiety but the 24/7 worry wore me out! You are much too young for so much worry. I'm not a doctor bit from experience in my 16 years of panic and anxiety my biggest wish was that I would have had fun instead of wasting so much energy on the things that were no fun... I hope you feel better soon! There us a big world of fun waiting to be had get out there and make the most of it

Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

It helps to have new interests, focus and friends. If the mind dwells all the time upon its own ills, they magnify and take on far more importance than they deserve. Look for the simplests causes and solutions. It is hard to stop worrying but that is what you need to do. Basically any of us could get anything wrong with us, fatal or trivial. The best thing to tell yourself is 'I will cope, I will handle it'.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 AM   #11
(male)

Flyingitalian13 HB User

Passed out while coaching my swim team today, was taken back to the emergency room again. This time they gave me a cat scan of the head and everything was normal. Hopefully I can take care of my anxiety, but I appreciate all the help, support, and kind words. I know more than anything that is hard to be scared alone

Old 06-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

You are not alone! You have you mom, your friends and us here to be with you. I am so glad that you had the CAT scan and that it is normal. One last thing to worry about. Too bad a CAT scan cannot reveal why our brains are wired the way they are. Hang in there as you are very young to worry and don’t forget that we will be here for you.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

I am glad you are ok but I want to give you a little advice which may ultimately save you from great problems. Every time you have x-rays, CAT scans or anything involving irradiation of your body, you could well be putting yourself at much higher risk than you think. Such radiation causes cumulative damage to the cells of the body especially the delicate areas such as the brain and internal organs. You may have no serious problem now but I suggest you look on the internet at just how much danger all this kind of screening poses to your long term health.

Personally I never go for any routine x-rays, certainly not mammography's and the like. I am convinced that the dangers from the screenings are far greater than any possible benefit.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-19-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #14
(male)

Flyingitalian13 HB User

I agree Milly, and that will be the last scan I am going to have for a while. I have been in and out of the doctor my entire life and frankly I am tired of being a patient. It is time for me to make a lifestyle change, and that is what I am going to do

The following user gives a hug of support to Flyingitalian13:
Milly50 (06-19-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Well done, that is the spirit! Take control, be happy. The tests show there is nothing obviously wrong. This is good news, so become really positive from now on and live happily. Good luck. Tell us about your life changes and how you are doing please, over the next weeks and months. Stay away from the x-ray machines unless you really have something concrete as a symptom.

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, brain tumor