It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
(female)

keykeyx3 HB User
Anxiety disorder and prozac.

Hello, i'm hoping i'll get a lot of feedback on this.
i have an anxiety disorder. my doctor gave me 10mg of prozac to take. i've only been on it for 2 days. the first day i took it i didn't feel different just a tad bit tired but not even bad. yesterday, the second day i felt really anxious and jittery.. it lasted all night and i woke up twice in a panic and when i woke up this morning i was soooo anxious and jittery then i had to take half an ativan (0.5mg) which i have been taking for a month which helpmed calm me down. but now it is time for me to take the prozac again for day 3. i called my DR. and she said it is normal to feel how i feel especially the first week while taking this because it is new to my body and these types of medicines often make you feel worse before better. i just wanted to hear your stories and see if any of you have felt the way i did or had something similair to me? i dont' want to feel alone. any suggestions either?
thanks!

Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
(male)

Onclou9 HB UserOnclou9 HB User
Re: Anxiety disorder and prozac.

It seems that with Prozac, the morning anxiety is almost a hallmark sided-effect of the medication. Google it. But I am promised by people who have used it to just go through it (xanax helps temporarily) and that magic will happen. I’m on my 7th dose and I have had a couple days where I had depression breakthroughs to where I felt great. My depression / anxiety has a very strong diurnal variation…..I can almost count on the depression going away at 7 PM every night. After being miserable all day, nauseated, and unable to eat, it is almost like washing dirt off me. The depression just falls off in a matter of minutes and I am my normal happy self. Not manic, just normal.

Each night I go to bed happy and content and then wake up in misery. It seems since starting Prozac my depression is less but anxiety is heavier in the mornings (before Prozac it was the opposite). So I am told by many doctors that with SSRI’s you just gotta bite down on a towel (figuratively) and take the first week or two of side effects. The good news is that when you begin to notice those side effects stopping/waning, you should then start getting the benefits showing up.

Hang in there. I was on Paxil in 2001 and thought it would never work. Once it did, it was magic! I’m hoping that the same can be said of Prozac for me. I’ll keep everyone updated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread