It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
(male)

Patch62383 HB User
I have an anxiety problem and dont know how to deal with it

Hello my name is Patrick I am 29, I started having anxiety issues about a year ago at the time my Dad was dying from Leukemia and my wife wanted a divorce. I had a few episodes where my heart was racing out of my chest and I felt light headed. I went to the doctor for a routine physical and they found I had high blood pressure 160/90. I was told to monitor it for a week and I did and it was high at home so they put me on medication. I am taking Lisinopril 20/25 HTC something like that. My blood pressure is now reading on average of 132/75 at home sometimes lower. I think seeing my Dad pass was exteremly hard on me mentally and it seems like ever since my panic attacks I notice a slight heart palpatation every now and then it feels like I have lose my breath for a second then everything is normal. I get sharp chest pains they only last maybe for 30 seconds. I have had an EKG everything came back perfect. My wife and I have worked out our marriage issues I am very thankful for that. I am just sick of worrying everyday think I have a heart problem or getting cancer or something happening to someone very close to me. I feel like I am going crazy worrying about the dumbest stuff in the world, I used to be fatter 245 lbs now 205 at 6'1" eat Mc Donalds everyday now I eat a lot better and never worried like I do now. I don't want medication because I have a hard enough time accepting the fact I am on Blood pressure meds. I dont know what is wrong with me and honestly it sucks. Any advice for me I cant worry about this everyday it hinders me from being who I am know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
(male)

lun4tic HB User
Re: I have an anxiety problem and dont know how to deal with it

It doesn't sound like you need blood pressure medication. Something like Lexapro or Prozac would calm you down return you to normal. There's no shame in being on a medication.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
(male)

Patch62383 HB User

I guess I want to enjoy my life not be drugged up maybe I am looking at it wrong. I like to drink a beer or two 5 days a week smoke good food in the smoker did stuffed trout this weekend that I caught it was awesome and be who I am. I have a hard time telling the doctor about my anxiety issues I guess I feel Embarrassed of it. I feel like I am to young to have these anxiety issues. That is why I thought this board might help me open up about my issues.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
(male)

lun4tic HB User

You wont feel drugged up. What you feel now is anxiety, and that's not right. What you want is something to bring you back to feeling like yourself, and medication will help with that. It may take you months, or even years, on a medication before you return to normal, but it wont be forever. Your options are to tough it out and hope it subsides, which, by the sounds of it, doesn't seem likely, or seek help.

You shouldn't be embarrassed to talk to your doctor about anything. That makes them pretty useless. If you can, you can opt to find a psychiatrist without consulting your doctor first. You can tell them about your blood pressure and current medication, and that you're feeling anxious and unsure if the problem is being adequately addressed by the medication.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
(male)

Patch62383 HB User

I will seek someone out thanks I guess I am just a hard headed young guy who has issues expressing my issues with someone. Thanks again

Closed Thread