It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question Klonopin Question... please help

I have a very high leval of Anxiety and Depression and my doctor has me on Klonopin 1 mg up to three at them most a day. I am also on a new antidepressant, Viibrid and my axiety is sky high. I have only been on it for aboutt a week.

My question is I have been on Klonpin for well over Six to Seven years and don't think it is doing it job anymore. I have to have something for anxiety along with a anti-depressant with the high level of stress in my life, mother with dementia, and it is killing me to watch this. A handcappied brother, and a very demanding job.

Shoudl I see if my dr. will give me something else? She is really funny about Benzo's , so I don't know what to do. I don't and Won't go over my limit but still have the anxiety and PANIC attacks while driving, and that scares the poop out of me........Please advise.............I need your advise..........

I am not an abuser by anyway what so every and HATE medications, but know I will have to be on them the rest of my life. I exercise, drink plenty of water, take vitamins, and eat healthy...........please........

Thank you.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
(female)

Rdbomb94 HB UserRdbomb94 HB User
Re: Klonopin Question... please help

Hi-Yes I would ask...most doctors feel they are all the "same",but to those of us who have anxiety know the is a difference between them. For me,Valium is to strong which is strange because I have a high tolerance to some meds. It makes me slur my speech and just knocks me out. Xanax works well for me but makes me tired. Ativan was great but I built up a tolerance to it,now I'm trying Klonopin and so far so good. Buspar is another one but I don't know alot about that one. You are going to have to find what works best for you. I hope this helps. Keep your head up~Christina

The Following User Says Thank You to Rdbomb94 For This Useful Post:
himmylover (06-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

Thank you kindly. It worked very well for a whille, but now has given out on me........

Old 07-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
(female)

PumpkinSeed HB UserPumpkinSeed HB User

Hi I've been on Klonopin for 7 years and i still only take .5mg per day (except on super bad anxiety days i might take 1-2mg). I think it's worked pretty well but I, too am afraid of tolerance. Right now I've enrolled in some behaviour cognitive therapy to try to deal with my anxiety.

Sometimes I get my doctor to give me a short prescription for Ativan just to mix it up a bit. Then go back to the Klonopin. I like it the best, he said it's the least addictive, Ativan being most addictive. *not sure if that's true.

Maybe you should try a different benzo for a while.

You could also try cutting your dose a teeny bit on days when you feel less anxiety. Drink some chammomile tea or do some breathing exercises, and if you can cut down you might be able to maintain your dose at that for a while. Don't keep going up because it will be really hard to get off of and that stuff, for me anyways, does cause short term memory loss and some other funky symptoms and I'm on a 'granny' dose as my doc calls it.

The Following User Says Thank You to PumpkinSeed For This Useful Post:
himmylover (07-01-2012)
Old 07-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
(male)

steckmas HB Usersteckmas HB Usersteckmas HB User

I think I remember reading somewhere that benzos have no effect after four months. But I've also read that the one's with longer half lifes don't lose their effectiveness because they are never fully metabolized before you take the next dose. I've been taking 2mg of klonopin on work days for about a year and it still helps me. My doctor says that it's because I don't take it on work days that it is still helping me.

The Following User Says Thank You to steckmas For This Useful Post:
himmylover (07-01-2012)
Old 07-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I can see that. I should try giving it a break on the weekends.

Great advise...........

Old 07-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
(male)

Willk46 HB UserWillk46 HB User

It is well known that antidepressants can increase anxiety and panic attacks until they "kick in" after several weeks on a proper dose. Then hopefully they will greatly reduce the anxiety and panic so you can just use the Klonopin on an as needed basis. That will make the Klonopin more effective too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Willk46 For This Useful Post:
himmylover (07-03-2012)
Closed Thread