It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
(female)

PoizenRose20 HB User
Is this Anxiety like they say?

Hi, Im a 20 yr old female and for tha past 2 months Ive been having sharp or burning pains in my head in different spots on and off during the day everyday, vertigo, pressure and soreness in right eye, paresthesia in my left shoulder blade, feelings of palpitations, sinus problems, migraines (was having them everyday but havent had one in about 4 days) feeling like I cant breathe, facial pain, feeling like Im off balance or my legs are very heavy, eye twitches (sometimes) Im really anxious and paranoid about my health because it started so suddenly! Has anybody gone through this all day everyday with anxiety (I only have a few hours of time where I feel normal) I have had 3 CT scans with and without contrast thinking I have a clot, tumor, anyuerism, hemmorage and they find NOTHING at all not even SINUS problems. I have had MANY repeated blood tests of the same exact tests. 8 Diff hospitals and 36 visits since it started and they cannot find anything wrong at all. The doctors prescribed me Celexa but I am deathly afraid to take it and I do not believe it is anxiety/depression. I have thought I have a brain infection, blood clot, hemmorage, stroke, anyeurism, tumor, parasites, and anything else under the sun and I need help I cant keep living like this and just want to know what tha hell is wrong with me.... Please somebody help me!

Old 07-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
(female)

panicremission HB Userpanicremission HB User
Re: Is this Anxiety like they say?

Hi PoizenRose. I can tell you from my experience that anxiety can show up as almost any symptom you can imagine. I have had almost all of the symptoms that you describe at one point in time - head pain, vertigo, eye twitching/pressure, palpitations...etc. I had a lot of blood work and tests and they came up with nothing. And it started when I was 21 so right around the same age as you. Given that you are 20 years old and have had a lot of tests and doctors telling you that you are fine, I don't think anxiety is out of the question. And for me it took a long time to accept anxiety as the answer because I swear that I am not an anxious person, I just get anxious about the symptoms that I am experiencing. It didn't make sense that the symptoms were caused BY anxiety. But accepting the symptoms as anxiety-related has been the best thing I have ever done. I no longer constantly worry about my health. And maybe there is something wrong with me that the doctors missed, but I refuse to live my life in fear of some unknown disease so I actively make the choice to accept my "illness" as anxiety. It is completely up to you if you want to keep going to doctors and finding an answer but to answer your question yes, I believe that all of your symptoms could possibly be explained by anxiety.

The following user gives a hug of support to panicremission:
PoizenRose20 (07-03-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to panicremission For This Useful Post:
PoizenRose20 (07-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
(female)

PoizenRose20 HB User

Thanks so much, this has helped alot... It is like it is LITERALLY all I think about 24/7 it is even in my dreams. My DR prescribed me Celexa, I think I might just give it a try, it really couldnt hurt I suppose. (:

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-04-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
(male)

pimoh HB User

Hi PoizenRose. I was in the same boat as you. I am 29 years old, and just a couple months ago I started getting tightness in my chest really bad (felt like I was having a heart attack), pain in my kidneys (thought maybe kidney failure or kidney stones), major pains and cramping in my stomach (thought ulcers, pancreatis, colon cancer, etc), and many other health problems I thought I had. After many blood tests just like you, a full physical, and a battery of other tests I was found to be a very healthy person. It was one ER visit where a doc suggested it might be anxiety, and I really could not believe him. With my job I talk to individuas, groups of people, and auditoriums full of people and never felt anxious, so at first I could not believe it. After I subcommed to the diagnosis and actually started treatment for it (Xanax and now Zoloft), my issues have subsided and in the end it was actually anxiety. Hope this helps, and best suggestion from me is give the treatment a go that your doc has stated and see if it actually takes care of your symptoms. Good luck and hope to read an update from you.

Closed Thread