It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
(male)

oliver wright HB User
parent in hospital

Feeling very down and sad, My father has been in the hospital for pneumonia for the past 5 weeks, Hes is not doing well and i feel helpless. I know this is normal feelings but i cant get my mind off it. Im mopey at the office, im not as jovial as i used to be, I just want to be happy again

The following user gives a hug of support to oliver wright:
katsu (07-08-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

jeff890 HB User
Re: parent in hospital

Keep trust in God, HE will get your father soon. It is part of life so don't worry and just take care of your father to your best, and let the Rest to God.HE will do best..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
(male)

Onclou9 HB UserOnclou9 HB User

I lost my Mom the day after Easter after a long illlness of several years (COPD/Emphysema) and I'm battling the depression monster largely because of her loss.

Spend all the time you can with him and leave nothing unsaid. I'd give anything just to have Mom back for about 30 minutes just to tell her how much I love her and thank her for all she did to me. She knew it but I never took the time to sit down and really just directly tell her all these things. Now I'd give my bank account to have that time.

Tell him everything you feel about him now and love him all that you can.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
(female)

katsu HB User

I agree with Onclou9. I lost both my parents, one is '99 and the other in '08 and I would give everything to tell them how much I appreciate them. I wish for a full recovery for your father, but it definitely wouldn't hurt for you to spend time with him. Let it all out while you can; it'll make for a happy memory and a satisfied soul

Old 07-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

I agree. My mom has dementia, and IT IS KILLING ME..............to see a beautiful person.........slowly, well it hurts.........I went through a faze where I could not be around her allot, she would say some hurtful things to me, and know one day she will not be here...........and I MAKE myself go..........even if it is killing me, the anxiety and depression are allot to do with this..........

Just hole his hand and talk........tell him you love him so............and I will prey your daddy make a great recovery. I lost my father whom was my best friend and have yearned to just give him a hugs.........I would give anything.......I miss him so, but he knows I LOVE HIM................

Be strong, we are all here to help one antoher..........

Hugs your way...........I feel your pain........

Closed Thread