It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
(male)

DanielB21 HB User
Question Is this anxiety?

For the past 2 months I have been experiencing what I presumed to be anxiety. At certain times during the day I begin to feel out of touch with everything, as if my perspective has suddenly changed. A very common trigger to these feelings is observing a spacious room, however this feeling comes on frequently at any time of the day for no specific reason I can determine. Soon after experiencing this feeling, I begin to worry that I am going crazy or that at any minute I will begin to hallucinate or lose my mind (For the most part, going crazy or losing my mind are the biggest and only worries I have during these episodes). It is as if I have become overly aware of my thoughts. My mind becomes consumed with these worries and I am unable to concentrate on anything other than these thoughts. Watching TV or going out with my girlfriend often takes me out of these episodes; however the thought of being thrown back into this unfamiliar state of mind haunts me almost always. For the past 2 weeks or so these episodes have been effecting me for the majority of the day however the feeling of anxiety, in my opinion, seems to only be a result of these feelings and worries I get while being affected by these episodes. The symptoms of anxiety that I do get however are as follows: shortness of breath, perspiration of hands, feelings of being trapped in this state of mind, worry, and once and awhile insomnia. Depression is often a result of this as well.
Some physical symptoms that I assume are related to all of this is diarrhea for every bowel movement the past 2 weeks, headaches, and exhaustion. The most concerning physical symptom to me however is that I have been waking up every morning with what I can best describe as pressure in my head, a slight headache, and light headedness; these feelings subside progressively as the day goes on. Apart from these symptoms I am physically healthy, I eat very healthy for the most part, keep myself very well hydrated, and work out frequently.
I was just hoping someone on here would be able to give me an idea of what Iím dealing with and let me know if it is in fact only anxiety. Thanks
- Daniel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

cammmyb HB User
Re: Is this anxiety?

Hi there,

Yes to me this does sound like Anxiety to me and no you are not going crazy PLEASE, PLEASE do not think that because i suffer from anxiety and i know it is not fun. Now can you describe to me what brings on this 'trigger' of Anxiety ?

Cameron

The Following User Says Thank You to cammmyb For This Useful Post:
DanielB21 (07-07-2012)
Old 07-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
(male)

DanielB21 HB User

Thanks for the reply,
I honestly dont know what brings these feelings on i really dont have much stress at all. Like i said i just begin to feel out of touch with reality and that scares me and makes me question my mental well being etc.
Also i was recently prescribed .25 mg of xanax for whenever i feel anxious

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-07-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

cammmyb HB User

Not a problem, here to help.

Now you are not going crazy please believe me, just this is what i do when i feel anxiety coming on, I go and run a bath or shower whatever you prefer, get my computer, and listen to soft music and watch videos.

And remember i am here to talk to you if you need, my name is Cameron by the way.

Cameron

Last edited by Administrator; 07-07-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
(male)

DanielB21 HB User

Thanks a lot man, and yeah i'll give that a try.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-07-2012 at 06:46 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to DanielB21 For This Useful Post:
Brookietrip (07-07-2012)
Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

cammmyb HB User

Not a problem mate and im a teenager if that doesnt make you feel insecure haha but good luck man.

Cameron

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-07-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Replaced text message chat room letter with the proper word as per the posting rules, also removed rules violation. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety