It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
(male)

one spirit HB User
Anyone This Bad ???

I have recovered from severe anxiety several times in my life and had years anxiety free. In 2007 with moderate stress it came back and I have been the worst I have ever been.

I sleep about 3 or 4 hours and wake up with an electrical feeling in my body that progresses to severe muscle pain, feeling agitated to the point I want to go screaming out of bed and run down the street. Every stupid thing I think about gets turned into an assault. I lay there and suffer until morning so as not to wake my wife.

When I get up I am so agitated I feel like I am going to explode. All day I have dozens of horrid physical symptoms and I cant cope with even the most minor stress. I have what I call nerve explosions just having normal thoughts and these hits happen all day long. It is like any stimulus makes me insane – just seeing a coffee cup on the counter jolts me

I guess I have what is called extremely sensitized nerves but good God this is beyond sensitized.

I have tried every class of anxiety medications and had severe adverse reactions to them all – some lasting along time. I have two therapists I have to work with on the phone because driving is too stimulating. I am not afraid to drive but I start to shake and feel like I am going to go insane with the stimulation

We have a perfect organic diet, I have a wonderful relationship with my wife, we are financially OK even though I cant work and I have no outside stress. I walk a lot to endure the pain and I ride my bike 10 miles a day – I meditate so what else can I do.

If it were not for my wife I would have terminated myself – this is beyond any pain I have ever felt – I never have a better day or hour and I don’t know what to do.

Has anxiety made anyone else this severe – all I do 24/7 is white knuckle cope.

Thanks for reading and responding.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
(male)

marinated HB User
Re: Anyone This Bad ???

Just curious if you have been to see a neurologist and endocrinologist yet?

As a last resort there is benzodiazepine, granted it'll turn you into a walking zombie, but atleast you'll get some peace.

Last edited by marinated; 07-16-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
(male)

one spirit HB User

Yes over 12 doctors and I took benzos for a few months and it took me 23 months to get over the withdrawal

Old 07-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
(male)

marinated HB User

What is your current diagnosis?

Old 07-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
(male)

one spirit HB User

Anxiety disorder - GAD without panic or agoraphobia

Closed Thread